From New York Fashion Week to Newhouse, this ‘phun’ and ‘phabulous’ Alpha Phi Fashionista is Syracuse’s January Campus Cutie!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Name: Zoë Batt Stern

Age: 22

Hometown: Newark, Delaware

Major: Public Relations in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications

What are you involved in around campus?

I’m one of two campus representatives for Victoria Secret PINK. I am also in Alpha Phi, Order of Omega, and I interned at Hillel my sophomore year.

So you’re going to New York Fashion Week in two weeks! What are you most looking forward to?

I’m most looking forward to seeing the amazing collections for the upcoming Fall/Winter season!

How did you get this incredible opportunity?

I was fortunate enough to land an awesome internship this past summer at a PR agency in New York City, and this opportunity blossomed from my hard work and enthusiasm while on the job. This will be my third season working NYFW and it has 100% confirmed that I want to work in fashion PR upon graduating this May.

Obviously, as everyone can see, you have amazing style. Do you have a celebrity fashion inspiration?

I think the Olsen twins have fantastic style. They always look polished, chic, and effortless.

What are your wardrobe staple pieces to always look fabulous?

If you were to look in my closet right now, you would see mostly black clothing. I think you can never go wrong with a simple black outfit and fabulous accessories. I never leave home without sunglasses, and I switch on and off between a collection of Ray-Ban aviators and a pair of black Céline sunnies. I wear a lot of beanies and other hats, and I am constantly on the lookout for fabulous shoes. I have a beautiful pair of black Tory Burch pebbled leather boots that I wear quite often. I’ve owned them for about 6 years now and get them resoled once a year to keep them in pristine condition.

What advice do you have for other driven students, like yourself, who are interested in a career in PR, fashion, or both?

Take advantage of every opportunity thrown your way. Show up early, stay late, and always be willing to go the extra mile to show how dedicated you are. It sounds easy enough, but so many people forget the little things that can really set you apart in the working world.

If you were a cookie, what flavor would you be?

I would definitely be a chocolate chip cookie. Classic, simple, and always delicious.

Are you on Twitter or Instagram?

Yes! Follow @zbstern for both!