Fun Things To Do for V-Day Singles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up, and just because not all of us have that special someone, it doesn’t mean we are required to stay-in, watching “The Notebook” while eating heart-shaped chocolates and sobbing. Although that does sound fun, let’s be honest! If you are up for doing something a little different, here are a few alternatives to crying on the couch..

1. Take Winter Wonderland Pictures

We all have to admit that our campus is seriously gorgeous this time of the year! Or any time, for that matter. So why not go around with your best friend and take some Instagram worthy pictures? You might get a little cold, but that’s a perfect excuse to grab some hot chocolate and gossip while you look over the amazing shots!

1. Shopping

Not only is some retail therapy always a good idea, but also those Valentine’s Day sales are awesome! Take this time of the year to give yourself a well-deserved gift at a reduced price. After all, you might need a new pair of shoes to conquer the world in.

1. Volunteer

A great way to feel the love is to show some love! Take this day to go out and support the local community, whether that means delivering food, reading to kids, or spending time with the elderly. The smile on their faces will warm your heart more than any flowers and chocolate combo.

1. Sleepover

I know that most of us live in a tiny dorm and that having a sleepover may seem a little unrealistic. So dress up in your pajamas  and hang out at the lounge with your friends. Who cares if other people see? You can all have fun scrapbooking pictures or even decorating some cookies (which will probably get eaten before they’re done)!

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.