Fall Looks Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

One of the best places to look for fall fashion inspiration is in the hallways and sidewalks of this beautiful campus! This week, I decided to snap some pics of a few of my favorite outfits and catch up with these super stylish collegiettes. They gave me their two cents on everything from trends to “dressing for success.”

Look 1

Name: Dana Dijoseph

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

Year: Freshman

Major: Undeclared Whitman/Newhouse

How would you describe your style?

I often tell people that my style doesn’t make any sense. When I’m out shopping, I select pieces that I think are unique and have a lot of personality, which reflects my current wardrobe. I have everything from flowy dresses to classic oxford shirts to edgy black leather high top sneakers.

What’s your favorite fall trend?

I like trench coats and leather jackets because they are classic pieces that really transcend seasonal and trend boundaries. Either piece can be worn year after year and still fit with the the trends of the season.

Where do you like to shop?

My favorite stores right now are probably Burberry, Rag & Bone, and All Saints. I love the classic British style of Burberry, so I always try to get a few pieces from each of their collections. Rag & Bone is where I get a lot of my staple pieces that I wear everyday. As for All Saints, I love the edginess of their pieces. A lot of their garments have leather or metallic accents and they often stick to a color palette of red, black, and white, which is my favorite color combination.

What’s your advice on “dressing for success?”

Personally I think dressing for success is all about attitude. If the clothes you are wearing make you feel good, then your entire outlook is more positive.

Look 2

Name: Olivia Hager

Hometown: Scranton, PA

Year: Freshman

Major: Marketing Management

How would you describe your style?

Preppy with a bit of an edge! I get a lot of inspirat

ion from Pinterest.

What’s your favorite fall trend?

Booties! They go so easily with skinny or boyfriend jeans, and still look cute with dresses and tights.

Where do you like to shop?

J. Crew, Zara, and Madewell.

Make sure you are comfortable in what you are wearing, and be careful with putting too many “trend” pieces in one outfit!

Look 3

Name: Paulina Colón-González

Hometown: Ponce, Puerto Rico

Year: Sophomore

Major: Social Work

How would you describe your style?

Chill and vibrant!

What’s your favorite fall trend?

Definitely sweaters! I love dressing relaxed but still looking good and presentable. Also there are so many mix-and-match options.

Where do you like to shop?

I love shopping at Lord & Taylor, Sheinside, and a store back home called TopMix.

Dressing for success is dressing for yourself. Guys don’t care that much about what you’re wearing, so dress yourself in things that make you happy and comfortable. Do YOU.

Look 4

Name: Cassandra Wilson

Hometown: Hammonton, NJ

Year: Freshman

Major: Undeclared Whitman

How would you describe your style?

I try to keep up with the latest trends as much as possible! I would say that I tend to dress like a “basic white girl,” but I’m not ashamed. That’s just how I like to dress.

What’s your favorite fall trend?

I love leather jackets! They’re such an easy and stylish way to complete my outfits. Also, they keep me warm while still looking good.

Where do you like to shop?

Charlotte Russe, American Eagle, and Forever 21.

Just be who you are and dress how you want to dress. By being comfortable in your own clothes, you’ll already feel successful!

Look 5

Name: Michelle Bevilaqua

Hometown: Syracuse, NY

Year: Freshman

Major: Business Management

How would you describe your style?

Girly with a little bit of an edge.

What’s your favorite fall trend?

I like the classic leather jacket and leather boots.

Where do you like to shop?

I like some of the more preppy places like J. Crew, but also department stores like Nordstrom.

Wear what makes you feel confident.

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.