This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Autumn in upon us and although many of us may be stressed out by our first exams and papers, there is much to look forward to. Aside from the amazing new fashion trends, which include knit-sweaters, ’70s inspired tops, and plaid, we have a whole new plethora of activities. For all you autumn lovers, here is your ultimate fall bucket list.

1. Apple Picking

There’s nothing better than enjoying an afternoon picking fresh fruit. Less than 30 minutes away from campus presides Beak & Skiff Apple Orchards, which is sure to keep you entertained for hours. Aside from juicy apples, you might want to snag some cider and snap more than a few pictures. 

2. Corn Maze

Getting lost in a corn maze is the ultimate combination of Halloween and fall, especially if you decide to go at night. SU’s Student Association is actually providing shuttles on October 11th and 18th to Tim’s Pumpkin Patch, where students can enjoy not only the joys of wandering around a corn maze, but also bountiful pumpkins and fun tractor wagon rides!

3. Pumpkin Carving

While at Tim’s Pumpkin Patch, grab a few pumpkins and set up a carving party! Not only will you get some cool dorm décor, but you’ll have tons of fun pulling out all the goo with your besties. If you want to skip the mess, you could always opt for glitter glue and paint.

4. Scary Movie Night

If you are one of those people that would rather stay in than face the chilly weather, a scary movie night is a great way to get into the spirit. Although this is not my cup of tea, if you are not easily scared, there’s nothing better than sitting on a couch with various blankets and indulging in some fall delicacies. 

5. Thrift Shopping

Thrift shopping is a great way to get a head start on your Halloween costumes. Some say it is an art, so you better enlist your most creative friends to join you. This way, you’re sure to get a super original costume for the cheapest price possible. Plus, you can set up a DIY party to put the costumes together. The fun never ends!

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO