Campus Cutie Victoria Pla

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Look, there she goes – a girl who’s strange but special. It’s our Campus Cutie Victoria Pla!

Name: Victoria Pla

Year: Sophomore

Major: Advertising

What are you involved in on campus? What Theatre, Orange Pulse Dance Troupe, and TNH Advertising.

Are there any upcoming events for these orgs? Yes! What Theatre will be announcing some awesome upcoming workshops and such shortly. Our production of Hair is coming up in December! Orange Pulse starts classes on October 29th.  Check out both these organizations on FB for more info!

Were you always interested in advertising? Not until high school. I randomly took an advertising class, and I was good at it, and I liked it. Here I am! I still like it, and I hope to God that I’m still good.

How did you get involved with theatre? I did it when I was little and I stopped for a while. My best friends Kelly and Brianna were still doing shows and encouraged me to try it again, so when I was in 9th grade I randomly tried out for the school musical, The Pajama Game. I fell in love with performing and the friends that came along with it. I’ve been in (at least) three shows a year since then.

How has What Theatre changed your college experience? I can barely even put it into words! It is the most welcoming club on campus; the e-board busts their butts trying to find a spot for everyone because they love to extend the family. My college experience was empty without theatre, but What brought it back into my life, and I met some of my best friends through this club.

What is your favorite spot on campus to people watch? A frat party. I like to think of myself as social and fun, but honestly I often just like to stand in the corner of the basement and watch the absurdity (and be a little judgmental).

Which Disney Princess is your soul sister? So obviously it’s Belle. I strive to be her every day. How am I doing? Everyone thinks she’s a little bit odd, and I can relate to that. I’m super proud of her for not hooking up with Gaston just because he’s hot. She reads books and she’s smart. Her dress is fabulous. And, say it with me people: INNER BEAUTY INNER BEAUTY! It’s important. Honorary mention to Pocahontas.

If you could intern with any company in the world, what would you do and why? Disney. And anyone who knows me could have guessed that’s what I would say. I would be their intern and eventually work my way to the top of the company. Then I would fix it to make it perfect and revert it to it’s original glory. I like to think of myself as Walt Disney reincarnated.

Oranges or Apples? Apples – granny smith with peanut butter.

If someone offered you one thousand dollars or infinite puppies, which would you choose? Infinite puppies. (Pugs, preferably.)

Are fish friends or food? FRIENDS. Seafood makes me throw up.

WHEN I SAY SYRACUSE, YOU SAY: I GO THERE!

Do you have social media you would like people to follow, either personal or for your organizations? Can I shamelessly promote my mediocre Instagram? Follow me @plavator.

Also, follow What Theatre on Facebook, Twitter (@whattheatre_su), and Instagram (@whattheatre_su)!

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO