Campus Cutie: Maggie Wright

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

If loving her is Wright, then we don’t want to be wrong. Prepare to smile, because ya just can’t help smiling around this beam of sunshine, Maggie Wright.

Major: Public Health

Year: Class of 2018

You are quite the busy bee on campus. What are some of the organizations you are involved with?

I’m in a first year leadership organization called OrangeSeeds and the theatre group First Year Players!

The Big Event is coming up this weekend! Could you tell us a bit about what the event entails or what volunteers will be doing?

OrangeSeeds spent all semester planning The Big Event, which is the largest student-run day of community service at SU. If you’ve registered, you will show up to Panasci lounge on April 18th at 9 am and get a tshirt, breakfast, and Zamboni Revolution performance. Then you get bused to an organization in Syracuse to do a few hours of community service. It’s really cool to leave campus and do something that helps the community!

How can students get involved?

Registration closes April 13th, but it’s always great to follow us on social media to hear about other fundraisers and service events we put on throughout the year!

As a member of the performing arts scene on campus, what is one of your favorite memories?

That’s super hard! I’m so lucky to be in FYP; I was welcomed with so much love and enthusiasm. I loved going to Cozy Capella and seeing not only my friends sing, but also the huge support system that was sitting front row to cheer them on. Everyone is so supportive and loving. I feel so comfortable being myself there, and that’s so important to me!

Are you a sports fan, or is it all about the half-time show at games?

I’m a huge sports fan! My dad is my high school’s varsity football coach, and my brother plays. Plus, I played volleyball and softball since I was really little, so I’ve been a fan of sports my whole life. But you can always find me at any sporting event dancing in the stands in between plays.

If you could spend a day at the zoo with any person from history, who would it be?

I’d go anywhere at any time with Amy Poehler or Mindy Kaling.

What’s your favorite mantra?

Um, I don’t really have anything specific I live by, but I would say always be yourself and surround yourself with people who make you laugh.

Thick or thin brows? 

Thick, full, and on fleek.

Do you think Otto the Orange eats oranges? Or is that fruit cruelty?

Ooh, this makes me uncomfortable. I guess I hope not, but it’s his personal choice.

Do you have social media for people to follow you or events for OrangeSeeds?

OrangeSeeds’ twitter is @OrangeSeeds44 and my twitter is @maggiewright17.

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO