gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Caroline Heres

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

BASICS:Name: Caroline HeresYear: Sophomore    Major: ChemistryHometown: Pittsburgh, PARelationship status: Taken

SU LIFE:Activities: Orientation Leader, Orange Seeds, Alpha Xi Delta, The Girl Code MovementFavorite part of SU: The people and the school spiritFavorite place on campus: People’s PlaceBest place to study: Bird Library, 3rd floorBest class: CHE 326 (Organic Chemistry) and WRT 205Worst class: PHI 107Favorite memory made so far: Creating the Girl Code Movement & Leading Home to the Dome as an Orientation LeaderMost embarrassing moment: I once walked all the way down Comstock towards Ernie with my skirt tucked into my backpack so everyone could see my lovely pink underwear.

FAVORITE:Song of the moment: She – Tyler the CreatorFood: Toast with Swiss cheese and grape tomatoes (it’s good I swear)Music: Anything by Childish Gambino or BeyonceTV show: New GirlMovie: Like CrazyWay to relax: Browse on Buzzfeed and Facebook on my bed and let all my distractions become fulfilledGuilty pleasure: The computer game 2048Thing you can’t live without: My headphones

Who is your campus cutie?My boyfran

What do you find most attractive in a guy? Deal breakers?When guys are not afraid to be goofy and laugh and let their guard down. I think you should be able to laugh with your boyfriend just as much as you do with your best friends, he should be your friend first, then your boyfriend. Deal breakers are definitely when they try to put up this front of like a tough guy and act all confident. We can see right through that and it’s pretty unappealing, I don’t really care that you were a starter as a freshman in high school on the football team… or that you shot gunned like 100 beers in a row last night and didn’t throw up.  

What’s your dream date?Hanging out on a sailboat all day and cooking dinner on it, or going skiing together.

What’s your life motto?Never let people tell you that you aren’t worthy of achieving your goals. Work until your idols become your rivals.

What’s one thing not many people know about you?I am a huge feminist.

What are your plans for this summer?Stay in Syracuse and take extra classes and try to figure my life out.

What are three things on your bucket list?1. Live in another country2. Go to the Oscars with my younger brother3. Go helicopter skiing, or ski Corbet’s Couloir in Jackson Hole

What is your dream job?That’s a good question- I have always dreamed of becoming a pediatric oncologist (doctors who work with children who are diagnosed with cancer), but at the same time I have always wanted to be a writer or something like that. And at the end of the day I really just want to be a movie star and design clothes. But doesn’t everyone want to do that?

Syracuse University