Campus Celeb Aysha Seedat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Major: Policy Studies

Graduation Year: 2016

Involvement on Campus: I am a Sister of Sigma Delta Tau and I intern in the Office of Multicultural Affairs, formerly OrangeSeeds and WellsLink.You’re the President Elect of the Student Association. What inspired you to run for this position? Being the Director of Student Life in SA for a year a half really showed me that it’s possible to actually provide for the student body and I love it. What was your experience during campaigning?: Really difficult. I had to exhaust every moment of my time talking to people. Things got hard sometimes when students  didn’t want to talk or if I ran into my opponents. I had tons of rules I had to follow while the write-in’s didn’t. What was it like running against four write-in candidates? Discouraging at times. Especially during elections week, it was so hard for me to see them pull out a laptop and make people vote for them while I couldn’t. What do you hope to accomplish in your newly elected position?Get more tangible results, where students can point at something and say “SA did that.” 

What else do you do on campus? Spend time with friends and my boyfriend. I love visiting areas that I’ve never been before. For example, I spent three hours at the University Archives just learning about Syracuse’s history. You seem like a pretty busy girl! Do you have any tips as to how stay so put-together? I write everything down! I use my calendar on my phone and have separate calendars for individual things (class, meetings, SA, etc.).

What do you want to do after graduating from SU?

I want to improve education policy in the U.S. and fix the public education system. I also want to get rid of standardized testing as a measure of teacher performance.

Paulina María Colón-González is a student at Syracuse University studying social work, child and family studies and policy studies. She loves romantic walks down the beach(even though she's never had one), basically lives on guac, and is readier for Hillary than Bill is #HillYes #ImWithHer. 
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO