This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

With warmer weather around the corner, it’s just about time to shed the layers and show some skin. If you’re not quite ready to break out the bikini, don’t worry- we’ve got you covered! We’ve prepared five steps to get your body in tip-top shape…

1.Start smart. Always begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water. The vitamin C will flush out your system and rev your metabolism.

2.Stock up on fruits and veggies. Swap out refined sugars and processed foods for clean, nutritious fruits and vegetables.

3.Snack healthy. Whip up a quick and delicious smoothie (like these) and store a bag of healthy nuts in your school bag for those snack attacks.

4.Amp up your workouts. Increase the intensity of your workouts. Work up a sweat and take advantage of the spring weather by taking your sweat sessions outside. Alternating between cardio and weight-training exercises not only provides a great, well-rounded workout, but also helps increase your metabolism so you burn calories throughout the whole day.

5.Drink wisely. A good rule-of-thumb when picking an alcoholic beverage is to go for clear liquids. Stick to figure-friendly cocktails like white wine or champagne!