This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Name: Alexandra Curtis

Majors: Political Science and Public Relations

Nationality: ‘Merican

Born: December 19, 1991

Hometown: Danville, California and East Greenwich, Rhode Island

Relationship Status: Taken

Sorority: Kappa Kappa Gamma

Describe your life in one word: Exhilarating

Why did you choose to come to Syracuse? For the amazing academic programs. I fell in love with Newhouse and knew there was no place better!

What would you say was your biggest accomplishment while in school? Becoming the Student Association President and the work I was able to do through that organization.

Favorite Spot on Campus: I love the quad (in the spring!) Everyone is so happy to have the winter behind us. Nothing but great vibes and great people – can’t argue with that!

Best way to cope with a full agenda: Dive on in to your to do list – with a cup of coffee in hand!

What do you do when you’re not studying? When I am not studying I enjoy reading for pleasure – I always have a good book around ready to go for when some free time comes up.

Favorite sport? For obvious reasons I love our Basketball team, but I am going to have to say my main team is women’s ice hockey. My best friend is on the team and I love going to support her. I have even painted my full body orange!

Dream Job: I dream of becoming the first female governor of Rhode Island.

Person you admire the most: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. She has been a champion of women’s issues in politics.

If you could eat anything for the rest of your life what would it be? Anything with arugula!

#1 thing on your Bucket list: To live abroad in London.

Any hidden talents? Competitive eating. In my sophomore year I won a wing eating competition on campus – I can eat two pounds of boneless wings in 10 minutes.

Perfect date movie? I have been dying to see Frozen

Since when have you been doing pageants, and what is your favorite part about them? I started pageants when I was 14 years old and I love them because they inspire immense personal growth and they have made me a strong competitor. I also love the sisterhood and community support that comes along with them!

Paulina María Colón-González is a student at Syracuse University studying social work, child and family studies and policy studies. She loves romantic walks down the beach(even though she's never had one), basically lives on guac, and is readier for Hillary than Bill is #HillYes #ImWithHer.