6 Halloween Costumes Inspired by Iconic Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

You’ve probably been planning your costume for months, especially since Halloween starts a week early and lasts until November 3rd in Syracuse, which means you definitely need more than just one outfit! The problem is, there are always those of us who get caught up in mid-terms and completely forget about the costume search. So, why not dress up as one of the most iconic women on the screen with pieces right out of your closet? Below, you can find a few iconic ideas to save you from a major freak-out because you have nothing to wear.

1. Barbarella (Barbarella)

This one is fairly easy if you are a dancer, and if not, just ask one of your dancer friends! You will look fearless.

2. Bonnie Parker (Bonnie and Clyde)

Still want that “no one can stop me” look, but are more of a conservative girl? No worries, this costume has you covered! You can even pair up with your boyfriend or one of your guy friends and go as the Bonnie and Clyde duo.

3. Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby)

Another buddy-costume idea is this one from The Great Gatsby! You might not have Leo DiCaprio as your date, but you’ll still look flawless. As for the dress, just stop by local thrift shop!

4. Scarlett O’Hara (Gone With the Wind)

Still got that sundress laying around? Pair it with a hat, some shoes and you are good to go! Also, choker necklaces have been spotted all around campus, so I’m pretty sure if you don’t have one already, your roommate does.

5. Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)

If you’re more of a fashionista, just curl your hair in crazy tight wringlets (if your hair is already beautifully curly, I envy you)! The costume itself is very simple; buy some tulle for a full, flouncy skirt, strap on some heels, and make SJP proud!

6. Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany’s)

Lastly, this one is a classic! Who doesn’t love Holly Golightly? Plus, we all have a LBD and some pearls… And don’t even get me started on the fact that you get to wear a crown!

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.