12 Things To Do During Spring Break When You Have No Other Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

1. Dive Into a Good Book- Can’t dive into the ocean or a swimming pool? No worries. Bury yourself in a good book and try to finish it before break is over.

2. Spend Time With Family- They miss you and you miss them. Use Spring Break to spend quality time with the people who love you most.

3. Catch Up On School Work- You know due dates sneak up shortly after we get back.  Use the time to catch up on schoolwork, get ahead or review. You’ll thank yourself later.

4. Binge Watch Everything- Now is the time. Do it. Binge-watching when school is in session means procrastinating and missing assignments. Why not take advantage while you have no other obligations? Whether it’s Netflix, Hulu or another mode of media-binging — go crazy.

5. Hone Your Craft- Maybe it’s photography, or drawing, or writing, or videography. Whatever it is, work on it!

6. Learn a New Skill- You can never have too many things on your resume. Ok, well, maybe you can, but you can never have too many skills in your tool belt. Learn something new. Even if you can’t fit everything on a one-page resume, it’s good to be well versed.

7. Shadow a Professional- Is there a company you’re interested in? Or maybe there’s a career you’d like to learn more about and want to see what an average day looks like in that position. If you know someone, ask to shadow them, or use resources like Linkedin to send out a professional email inquiring about shadowing opportunities. Remember, a closed mouth doesn’t get fed, and you’ll be surprised how many business professionals are willing to open up their workplaces to you.

8. Volunteer- Do good in your community. Inquire at local organizations to find out how you can volunteer for a day or a few. You’ll feel good and earn more community service hours.

9. Intensive Workout- If you truly have nothing else to do, start working out and getting yourself in shape. With a break from school you literally have no excuses.

10. Spend Time With Friends From Back Home- Sure, you like your friends on campus, but you also have other friends you don’t get to see as much. Make new friends, but keep the old.

11. Get Some Rest- With papers, exams, jobs and social lives, it’s hard to find time to get an adequate amount of sleep every night. So catch up on some zzz’s.

12. Body Cleanse- Being on campus for a whole semester often leads to unhealthy eating habits. Between crazy schedules that make you miss meals or opting for pizza and fries every day, getting away from campus for a week allows you to set a meal schedule with access to a variety of healthy options. Try a 7-10 day green smoothie cleanse or similar healthy diet cleanse, but have fun with it. Rejuvenation is just a few days away!

My name is Zaynah Anderson. I'm a sophomore majoring in Television, Radio and Film with a minor in Marketing. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY which I love dearly but my dream is to move to Los Angeles, CA after college to launch a successful career in entertainment. I love children, music, writing, binge-watching shows on HGTV and I LOVE PIZZA!