Top Five Places to Manage Stress at Susquehanna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Hey River Hawks! It’s exciting to be back for the spring semester at SU! Although there is minimal stress right now, it is bound to happen soon enough, so here are my top five places where you can unwind on campus:  

1. The Counseling Center  

Located on University Avenue past the NSC, the Counseling Center at SU provides individual and group counseling with licensed therapists. They even have massage chairs, so if you’re dealing with a serious issue or just want to talk with a therapist to decompress, make an appointment at the center.   

2. Charlie’s Coffee House  

Located in the lower level of Degenstein Campus Center, Charlie’s is a fun space to relax and unwind after a long week of studying for tests and exams. The center has couches, flat screen televisions and a performance area where a variety of events take place during the semester. If you’re feeling a little hungry but aren’t up for a full meal, try grabbing some wings on wing night or make sundaes with your friends on Sunday!  

3. James W. Garrett Sports Complex  

Located near Bogar Hall, just before the library, the Sports Complex at SU is a place where student of any athletic ability can go to stay active and have fun! The facility hosts a swimming pool, three-level gym, racquetball court and indoor track accompanied with basketball courts. Outside there is a track, football field and tennis area. It’s a great way to go workout or support our extremely dedicated athletes.   

4. Degenstein Campus Center  

DEG is the hub of student activity on campus! It features a Starbucks, Charlie’s, theater stage, computer lab and so much more. DEG is known to host many events throughout the academic years, from plays to  

Twas the Night Before Christmas and the famous Thanksgiving Dinner. DEG also is home to many student organizations that host their own separate events.   

5. TRAX  

Located behind the gym and Smith Hall beyond the railroad tracks, TRAX is a student-run nightclub on campus. How many colleges can say that they have a nightclub? Students can go to have fun on a Friday night with their friends while staying safe. There is a bar exclusively for students 21 and older with pool tables, a patio and a jumbo screen. TRAX is known to hold different theme parties which is a great excuse to get dressed up, ladies!  

Susquehanna has some pretty amazing places to de-stress. You can go for a walk around campus or play board games in a friends’ dorm room, but these locations are just a few suggestions to relax your mind and prepare for the next week!  

I am a first-year neuroscience major at Susquehanna. I am also the Events Director at Susquehanna. Some of my passions include dance, helping children, and reading.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.