Top 5 Places for Introverts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Sometimes life on a college campus can seem like a never-ending stream of noise and activity. While this couldn’t be better for some people, others find this exhausting. If you identify with the latter group, you might be an introvert. If that’s you, never fear! From one introvert to another, if you’re looking for a way to get away from the noisiness on campus, here’s a list of the five best places to go.

1. Scholarly Grounds: Located in the Blough-weis Library, Scholarly Grounds is a great place to grab a delicious cup of coffee while recharging your social battery. Monday through Thursday, Scholarly Grounds is open from 8am to 10:30 am and 3pm to 10pm. While Scholarly Grounds can get a bit busy around 9am, it’s still a great place to relax. Most days, especially after 3pm, it offers a quiet, relaxed environment. Complete with friendly staff and a wide array of delicious drinks and snacks, Scholarly Grounds is a great alternative to Starbucks if you’re looking for a more introvert friendly atmosphere.

2. Clyde’s: Even introverts have to eat! While most everyone has been to Clyde’s at one time or another, it’s a relaxing place to cure your afternoon munchies. With the exception of the lunch

hour (12pm- 1pm), Clyde’s hardly gets busy. It offers fast service in an introvert friendly environment.

3. DJ Ernst Bookstore: Books are an introvert’s best friend! If you’re looking for your new favorite read, head down to DJ Ernst, also known as Homer’s. While Homer’s isn’t actually on campus, it’s just a short walk away. In addition to a quiet, cozy environment and a friendly owner, paperbacks are just $0.50! What’s not to love? Visit Homer’s at: 27 N Market St Selinsgrove, PA 17870.

4. Apfelbaum: If you’re looking for a new place to study in the evenings, check out A-baum. With access to computers and study rooms, Apfelbaum offers a great place to study for those of us that would like to avoid crowded area.

5. Women’s Resource Center: The Women’s Resource Center can be found in the Scholar’s House. This quiet location includes books and information about women’s issues. Get relaxed and get informed!

Hannah Antoine is a second year Neuroscience major, hair color enthusiast, and a proud introvert.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.