This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Meet Wendy Galeano, a second-year student at SU. Wendy is currently a political science and economics double major. 

HC: What made you choose these majors? 

WG: “Well, Political Science – I thought I wanted to go to law school and now I don’t. Then with economics, I took a macro course and I liked it.” 

HC: Are you involved in any campus activities? 

WG: “I was part of Enactus, but them my schedule conflicted with meeting times. Now, I’m part of ALAS (Association of Latino and American Students), which I’m the president of.” 

HC: How do you like being president? 

WG: “I like it because when it comes to coming up with ideas for events and fundraisers, I’m very open-minded allowing everyone to contribute. So, I feel like I let other people throw their opinions in there.” 

HC: What would you say is your favorite class this semester? 

WG: “Financial Accounting. I like the professor, although he can be complicated every now and then.” 

HC: Are you thinking of studying abroad? 

WG: “I got pre-approved for the London Program, but I’m not completely sure if I want to go.” 

HC: Why? 

WG: “Well, I picked up my economics major pretty late, which means that I still have classes to take, and I don’t want that to hold be back from graduating on time.” 

HC: What’s been your favorite memory at SU? 

WG: “My favorite memory, I guess would be Move-In Day because I was terrified, really, really terrified, but it allowed me to step out of my comfort zone. And so far I don’t regret it. 

HC: What’s your favorite spot to eat at on campus?” 

WG: “Uhmm, the cafeteria. They don’t always have good food, but I like the environment.” 

Make sure to give Wendy a welcoming hello when you spot her on campus.

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.