Meet Our Exec: Hanifah Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Meet Hanifah Jones, a second-year student who is studying Communications with an emphasis in Journalism with a minor in Studio Art. She is planning on taking on another minor in Africana Studies. As part of the Susquehanna chapter of Her Campus, Hanifah is both a writer and contributor who also serves as secretary on the exec board. Welcome to the team Hanifah! 

HC: Are you involved in any clubs at SU? 

HJ: “I’m on the executive board of the Black Student Union, as well as an exec board member of the Student Activities Committee. I’m a member of the National Congress of Black Women and I go to other clubs, dibble dabble.” 

HC: What do you do for fun on campus? 

HJ: “What is fun? I have so much work to do. You know I like to hang out with my friends, sometimes I go to the gym. I do yoga, I like to draw, paint, etc.” 

HC: What’s your favorite food? 

HJ: “My favorite food? Okay. This is a very complex question. I have a thing for French fries, I really love them and will eat them whenever. I also have this thing with nachos – I can’t explain it, we’re soul mates. I love them, very much. I don’t know because I also really love Indian food, I just like food in general.” 

HC: What do you plan on doing with your major? 

HJ: “One day I hope to be a magazine editor.” 

HC:  Could you elaborate. 

HJ: “I want to work for a magazine, a magazine like Vice or Cosmo. I know they’re very different, but those are just things that I’m interested in. I also want to do something with art, like an artist.” 

HC: I know SU students have to study abroad. Where do you plan on going? 

HJ: “In the Fall of 2017 will be going to Cape Town, South Africa.” 

HC: For how long? 

HJ: “For an entire semester. I’m looking forward to just being in a different environment. I really want to go into their culture, the people really don’t see. Go outside of the touristy areas.” 

HC: Do you have any fear? 

HJ: “Uhm, yes. I’m going to be there by myself and it’s 22 hours away by plane.” 

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.