5 Reasons to dye your hair this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

As a hair color addict, anything can be a reason to change the color of my tresses. I’ve regretted some colors and really, like really, loved others. However, despite my love for changing my hair color, I’ve recently returned to my natural hair color. While I love my black hair, I once again realized that it can get awfully monotonous awfully quickly. I cannot understand how some people never switch up their color! If that’s you, worry not. Spring is the perfect time to try a new color out; and I, ever the concerned citizen, have compiled a list of reasons you should consider trading in your hair color. 

1. Self-expression: You’re the best you there is! While your natural hair color is certainly a part of your awesome self, it can also be a blank canvas. The very best part of ourselves is stored inside of us. While you’ll never be able to fully show all those things on the outside, a fun, new hair color might give a small hint of all the awesomeness you contain. 

2. Give your style new life: Everyone has been stuck in a style rut. We wear the same outfits, the same hairstyles, the same makeup week after dreary week. A new hair color is sure to revamp your same old style. All your favorite outfits will take on a new life with a bold new hair color. 

3. Signal a new era of your life: I know this sounds like a huge exaggeration. Honestly, it might be; but sometimes when we’re starting fresh, a physical change helps us maintain our newly adopted mindset. What’s a more fun way to get your head in the game than with some added flair courtesy of your hair? 

4. Confidence: Styling your hair outside of the norms can remind you that the most important person to please is yourself. While everyone might not absolutely love your new look, rocking a color that you love regardless can bring some well-deserved confidence. 

5. Time is ticking: While I am not a fan of this concept, certain hair colors are considered inappropriate in the workplace. What hair dye has to do with your capabilities remains a mystery to me. Alas, I do not make the rules. Unfortunately, having a naturally occurring hair color will likely be required in your first big job. So, when’s a better time to experiment with your hair? There’s no time to waste!

Hannah Antoine is a second year Neuroscience major, hair color enthusiast, and a proud introvert.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.