photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

YouTuber Wyatt Costello

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

If you haven’t already, check out Wyatt Costello on YouTube! He could be the next big thing! Here’s a little more about Wyatt and his YouTube career.

Full name: Wyatt Costello

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: PR

Hometown: Bethel, Maine

On Campus…

What do you love about Suffolk?

I really like how open Suffolk is. Not many colleges give you a lot of freedom when it comes to your major or what classes you should take. I feel that many other schools have have a strict path that you have to follow in order to get to your degree, but here there are many options to explore your interests and really take your time on deciding what you like.

Also the people here are really awesome. Everyone is just really nice, and Suffolk is so diverse, which is something that is really important to me.

What activities are you involved in on campus?

I was an Orientation Leader this past summer and that was a really amazing experience for me. I loved it so much that I applied and was accepted to be a Orientation Scholar, so I am really excited about that. I can’t wait to see how it plays out for the rest of the year and the summer.

I am so a writer for the Suffolk Voice. I do a lot of articles for the Arts and Entertainment section. I just really love music and anything pop culture really.

Where are you most likely to be seen on campus?:

I don’t really have an ideal hangout spot. I’m usually all over the place running around and being weird. But if there was a place, I would have to say in any of the Cafés, like 73 or Donahue. I just really love food and I love being around it. 

On YouTube…

What kind of videos do you upload to your channel?

All sorts of videos! Sometimes I do a challenge that other famous YouTubers are doing, sometimes I just talk about something that I like, or do a rant here or there. Then other times I do a walking around type of vlog. So really I’m open to do any type of video!

Why did you decide to start making YouTube videos?

I’ve just always loved YouTube. I love how that some people, such as Tyler Oakley, iJustine, and Daily Grace have made YouTude their everyday job and are able to make a living out of it. So I figured why no try to do that myself. They all started around the age that I am, and they’re all so happy and love what they do and that’s ultimately what I want.

Is there a certain YouTuber who inspires you?:

There are just so many that I love, and they’ve all inspired me so much. But I would have to say that iJustine was really the one that made me want to have my own channel. I’ve been watching videos for so long now, and she’s been making YouTube videos almost since the start of YouTube. Where she is today is really inspiring to me, because she is really well known in the online world, and she has literally made YouTube a profession.

Which video of yours did you have the most fun making?

I really loved making my vlogs when I was in Hawaii this summer, because I was just starting and it was so exciting and new to me. Also, I really loved ranting about Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Balling video. But I would definitely have to say I had the most fun making the gross “would you rather” challenge with my friend Courtney. She just gets so awkward so fast. We had a blast making it and I thought it came out really well.

What do you love about making videos?

It’s fun to me. I like expressing myself and laughing at myself. So why not just share it with YouTube, I really want to send a message that says, “Who cares what other people think, just do you, and be happy doing it.”

Any advice for people who want to start YouTubing?:

JUST DO IT! The only way you can start is to just do it and keep doing it. People will follow you and subscribe eventually, it’s not an over night thing. It takes time, and the more you do it the better you get.

Do you have any plans for upcoming videos?

Not really. I kind of just have ideas that come to mind or think of something on the spot or see what is trending. But I would really like to do another collaboration video, also maybe involve more things about Suffolk into my videos.

Many YouTube stars have made it big. Is this something you hope for or is it just a hobby?

I would really like to make it big, because this something that I am really passionate about and love doing. If I can make this into a job and become as big as iJustine or Tyler Oakley I would be so so happy!

Do you have an all time favorite YouTube video?:

There are so many. I really can’t say if I have a favorite, I spend so much time on YouTube that I can’t even begin to tell you how many videos I have watched.

Fun Facts

What are your goals for the future?

I would really love to work in the pop culture industry and hopefully my YouTube channel will be the reason for that.

What are some of your other hobbies?:

I love to be outside and to just hangout with friends. I like to run, listen to music, and just dance. I really like to dance.

Favorite restaurant in Boston:

Flour. It’s more of a bakery than a restaurant though.

What is a song you’ve been playing on repeat lately?:

Lorde’s entire album! I’m obsessed with her. Also I’ve been listening to all of GaGa’s new stuff, and I’m really excited about ARTPOP.

Three words that describe you:

Born this way.

Favorite quote to live by:

“There’s one in all us” (from Where the Wild Things Are)