This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

If you haven’t already heard about it, WiGo (“Who is going out?”) is a social media app that allows you to share your plans for the night between friends and classmates. You have to be a college student to use it as it requires an .edu email for confirmation and you are automatically linked with others from your school. Therefore you can plan group outings or make plans with certain friends right from your iPhone.

It’s also great for letting you know what your options are for the night and helping you decide whether or not to go out. For instance, Ryan and Sam are at their favorite Boylston St. bar, Ashley and Lexi are at a North End party, while your friends Abby, Marci, and Katelyn are heading to a club downtown. Where and with whom do you want to spend your night?

Friends can post their plans and tag you to let you know they want you to join them. There is a messenger option to talk directly to certain people about an event and if you’re in, you can click “Go Here” to RSVP and let your friends know that’s where you’ll be. It seriously takes all the hassle out of making plans and makes it so much easier to go out and have fun!

An interesting feature about the app is that every morning it’s reset so that plans and discussions from the night before are wiped clean.

WiGo was created by two students at College of the Holy Cross so it’s a Massachusetts based app ideal for the Boston nightlife. After launching in August, it has expanded rapidly to other college towns around the country and is now worth around $4 million.

Download WiGo, try it out with some of your friends, and comment with your thoughts!

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.