What’s In Erin’s Bag?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As any girl knows, accessories can make or break an outfit, and her bag is no exception. Going to school in Boston means that a girl’s bag has to be stylish, yet functional. Whether I’m going to class or walking down Newbury Street, I always make sure to carry my essentials with me. Read on to find out what they are! 

The Bag:

The tote that I’m usually seen with is the Tory Burch Ella Nylon tote. I was tired of carrying a backpack around campus, and I wanted something more stylish, and still large enough to store everything I need without weighing me down. It’s great to carry around campus, and it’s also a great bag to take on trips!

Wallet:

Inside of the Ella tote, you’ll find my Franco Sarto wallet. It has tons of card slots, ID holders, and places for coins and cash. I usually keep my Charlie Card, school and work IDs, and license inside. It complements the color of my bag well, and I can also take it out on weekends when I don’t want to carry a bag.

Agenda:

Even when I’m not going to class, you’ll still find my Lilly Pulitzer agenda in my bag. I love this agenda because it’s fun, colorful and eye catching. It also has the room for me to write down all of my assignments, appointments, and reminders. I usually carry around a few pens to make sure I’ll be able to write everything down when I need to as well.

Sunglasses:

Even when it’s not sunny in Boston, I always carry around my Ray Ban aviators. When walking through one of the many streets that turn into wind tunnels, these sunglasses become really helpful.

Chapstick:

Carrying chapstick around is crucial, especially during winters in Boston. I don’t normally stick with one brand, and I switch brands once I lose one, because who actually finishes chapstick? Right now I’m using 5 Star Lip Protection by Blistex. It’s great because it’s moisturizing, protects against heat and wind, and it has SPF 30 in it.

Lipstick:

Next to my chapstick, I always carry around lipstick. Currently, I’m obsessing over Mayflower by Nars. It’s a pinky-nude color, and subtle enough to wear everyday. Plus, the color totally makes me excited for the warmer weather to come!

Hand Lotion:

I can’t go anywhere without having hand lotion with me, as I like to make sure my hands are moisturized all of the time. Usually, I like to use Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, but when I don’t have time to get a new one, I’ll just buy one from CVS.

Umbrella:

Weather in Boston is unpredictable, so to help me be prepared, I usually carry an umbrella with me. I use a cheetah print one to make a little bit more of a statement, instead of carrying around a plain black one.

Headphones:

Headphones are essential for when walking to class or riding on the T. I like the headphones that Apple makes.

Gum:

After a quick bite with my friends or dinner with my boyfriend, I always chew a piece of gum to freshen up quickly. I usually pick out Five because the flavors are strong.

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.  
Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.