What To Wear To Coachella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

If there’s one thing more important than the actual music at these festivals, it’s undeniably your bohemian festival outfit. With what used to be a carefree and relaxed event, festivals are slowly transforming into casual fashion events, and to be honest, I’m not too mad about it. While I’m too broke to actually go to Coachella, that’s not stopping me from obsessing over these newest Coachella inspired lines with all the fringe, lace and flower my heart could ever desire.

Festival Fashion at Urban Outfitters and The Festival Shop at Free People

Both of these shops, while a little pricey, have a similar, and utterly magical bohemian style. While their clothes are pretty much to die for, both of these stores really know how to rock their accessories. With stylish backpacks, hats, sunglasses and jewelry, you’ll be sure to kill the festival trends without necessarily breaking your bank. Don’t forget your super trendy bra tops, flash tattoos and flower crowns, too!

Asos Festival Fashion

Their website reads “think pops of sci-fi and sleek 70s silhouettes with bitchin’ bodycon, beat-up denim and chatty tees.” Need I say more?

H&M loves Coachella

If you’re not looking to spend your entire lifesavings on one lace bralette, bohemian fashion just got a little more affordable. H&M combined with a Coachella team to make a co-branded line that contains all your festival needs. They have prepared the line to excite and inspire both men and women for the upcoming season, by combining “the freedom and energy of festival fashion.” This line includes everything from bold to trendy to flirty to romantic. Oh, and did I mention affordable? While I still have a tough time spending $20 on half of a shirt, this line is worth it, especially because a Coachella ticket will definitely put a dent in your wallet.

It’s nice to remember that this is a music festival, which means you can wear whatever the hell you want to wear as long as you strut it with confidence. Dress to impress yourself and you’ll be the best dressed there. If you’re going to throw caution to the wind and step out of your comfort zone, festivals are the place to do it. Even if you’re not going to the festivals themselves, all the lines have some great trendy pieces and also some staple pieces as well, which are perfect for everyday or your weekend getaway of music and fashion.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.