What To Pack For Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

An entire week to relax in paradise is all worth the stress of midterm exams and final papers. However, a lot of stress can come with packing as well. Whether you are heading to a tropical beach or cloudy mountain side, these packing and traveling tips will sure come in handy for every spring breaker.

Packing clothes: Try and plan out an outfit for each day and bring a couple additional options just in case. If you have limited space in your suitcase, bring dresses or rompers to wear instead of two piece outfits. Here are some basic essentials when backing clothes:

• 3-5 bathing suits

• 2 or 3 pairs of shorts (try and bring neutral colors so you can mix and match)

• 2 or 3 tops (if you’re going somewhere warm, short sleeve, somewhere cold, long sleeve)

• 3 or 4 dresses or rompers

• A pair of jean (don’t forget a belt)

• A plain tank top (you never know when you’re going to need one)

• 1 or 2 cardigans

• 3 comfy t shirts (to sleep in)

• A sweatshirt and sweatpants (in case it gets cold at night)

• Underwear and bras (bring a set each day and a couple extra pairs of underwear)

• 2 or 3 cover ups (doesn’t have to be fancy, can be a baggy t shirt or a light cardigan)

• 2 pairs of flip flops

• A pair of wedges or booties (or both, you can never have enough shoes)

• A work out outfit with sneakers and socks (I would suggest wearing this on the plane)

A great way to save space in your suitcase is to roll up your clothes. If you have shirts that may crease easily, see if there’s an iron provided at the hotel before hand. Also, rolling up socks or underwear and putting them in your shoes saves a lot of space.

Packing toiletries: Make sure to pack all of your liquid toiletries such as shampoo or lotion in big freezer bags just in case of leakage. Also, if bringing toiletries in your carry on, make sure to triple check to make sure your containers are proper sizes.

• Travel size shampoo, conditioner and body wash

• Tooth brush

• Toothpaste and floss

• Deodorant

• Facewash

• Makeup remover (makeup wipes would be easier)

• Face and body moisturizer (moisturizing you skin right after tanning will lock in that color for longer)

• Make-up (try for waterproof)

• Chapstick (try and find one with SPF)

• Disposable razor (conditioner actually makes a great shaving cream)

• Feminine products

• Q-tips and tissues

• Tweezers

• Contact solution and case (bring and extra case already full with solution to throw in your beach bag)

• Hair ties and a headband

• Bobby pins

• Hair brush

• Sunscreen

Packing a carry on: You only get one carry on bag so choose wisely. When packing liquid toiletries such as toothpaste or lotion, airline regulations usually require them to be 3.4 ounces or less. Besides the basic stuff like your keys, wallet, debit card, ID and boarding pass, here are some things you may forget:

• Headphones

• Portable charger

• Phone charger

• Sunglasses

• Gum (for when your ears pop)

• Snacks

• Neck Pillow (this is a must)

• Fuzzy socks (I know my feet always get cold when flying)

• Camera (or just use your phone)

• Aspirin and Dramamine

• Deodorant

• Chapstick

• Mini toothbrush and toothpaste (or breath mints for when you wake up)

• A book (Selfies on your phone should be the only use of technology on vacation)

Packing a beach bag: Even if you’re not going anywhere tropical, these things are also a good thing to have with you at all times

• Wallet (with money in it, duh)

• Sunscreen

• Sunglasses

• Portable charger

• Towel

• An extra change of clothes

• A plastic bag (to put your wet bathing suit and towel in)