Sexy And Savvy: How to Rock a Turtleneck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Believe it or not, turtlenecks are making a chic comeback.  We’re not talking about Steve Job’s turtlenecks or a baggy unattractive mess of a turtleneck, but a sleek and sexy sweater that may reinvent your fashion style this fall.

Turtlenecks can be slouchy, chunky, cropped or fitted, but these high-necked sweaters create a confident mystery.  Get rid of the idea that turtlenecks are frumpy and itchy or make you look neck-less, because we’re bringing back this unexpected yet stylish trend for a prominent fall essential.

The right turtleneck can be adorable, and better yet, comfy.  A plain black turtleneck is a true best friend for the cold season.  Layer it, tuck it in, or wear it with strands of jewels – it’s a cute fashion trend you don’t want to miss out on.

Oversized everything is in, so why not wear an oversized turtleneck?  Bring your cozy, wrapped-in-a-blanket feel outside by rocking a cozy turtleneck, because sometimes bigger is actually better. Talk about ultimate comfort and style, rocking your oversized turtleneck with a felt hat, distressed cuffed skinny jeans and heeled ankle booties.

Bring it to the next level with a turtleneck dress.  Nothing says sleek and savvy like this timeless look.  There are so many different ways to rock this garment; match it with a leather jacket, a pair of tights and some killer boots, or color block it up.  A color blocked turtleneck dress makes a simply amazing fashion statement.

Cropped…turtlenecks? Totally love ‘em, and I encourage all to rock ‘em confidently.  They are the perfect addition to your wardrobe, whether you wear them out for a night on the town, layer them with a jacket, or work them with some high-waisted pants or a flirty skater skirt for an essential fall fashion look.

So give turtlenecks a try this fall and make an astonishing statement.  It can be a fierce alternative, a cozy getaway or even just a sleek everyday look.  Dare to be different and step out of your comfort zone.  Wear your turtlenecks with confidence; we promise you won’t regret it!

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.