Raven Symoné’s Announcement of “That’s So Raven 2”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Just to think Girl Meets World and Fuller House wasn’t enough, there is going to be yet another continued series to another one of our favorite childhood show. Disney Channel writers Scott Thomas and Jed Elinoff are creating a spin off based on the series, That’s So Raven. Former star of the original show, Raven Symoné announced her big news to the audience on her talk show The View.

In order to fully commit to her new show, which is still unnamed, Symoné also announced that she will no longer be a co-star on the talk show. As well as being the main character, she is also the executive producer so is unable to balance all of these responsibilities all at once.

Not much information has been released about the show. When asked if the old cast will be returning, Symoné admitted she has no knowledge about casting but knows there will be holding open auditions soon.

All we know about the show is the return of Raven Baxter. This time, Raven will be a single mother and the storyline will focus on her two kids who also have the ability to see glimpses into the future, just like their mother.

During Symoné’s announced, she introduced the new series as “That’s So Raven 2”. Former actor on That’s So Raven, Orlando Brown, who played Raven’s best friend Eddie, spoke out once hearing the temporary title. In a video Brown posted, he says, “We did what we had to do to make a historical moment happen, and I don’t think it would’ve happened without all of us”. The actor is implying that the series shouldn’t be named “That’s So Raven 2” since the original cast isn’t staring in it.

Overall, Symoné is extremely exciting about starting the new series. Though it is not set in stone that the old cast will not be returning, she says how excited she is to help new actors and actresses grow their talent. Audition and filming dates are uncertain, but Symoné is scheduled to leave The View at the end of December, therefore, announcement should be made shortly.