Profile: Brenna Gomes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Brenna Gomes Year: Sophomore Major: Public Relations Hometown: Waterbury CT Relationship status: Happily Taken! Involvement on campus: Resident hall association, Her campus, Trustee Ambassador, Office Assistant in the ADPR department Astrology sign: Aries originally/ Pisces now?? Instagram: @bbygomes

You just recently walked in the College Fashion Week fashion show for Her Campus, can you tell us a little bit more about this?

College Fashion week is an event ran by Her Campus which features new and upcoming designer clothes that college girls model, and walk the runway in. This year was my first experience and it was amazing! All the women who work for the company are not only professional, but also so sweet and inspirational! They really made us feel comfortable and just wanted all of the models walking in the show to have fun with it!

You were also featured in In Style Magazine as a part of the Her Campus campaign, how did that all come about?

Through my involvement at Suffolk’s Her Campus chapter, I was informed that the company was looking for models by our chapter president Delaney! She gave me the contact information and then everything else fell into place! I came to Boston in the summer to shoot with Her Campus for the campaign and that was also an amazing experience. We got to get styled, have our hair and makeup done, shoot the photos on the Harvard campus and of course got to be in two magazines!! By far one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had.

Do you have any future modeling plans?

Not officially, but I am working with some local photographers for fun, and to add to my portfolio. I hope to eventually sign with a Boston agency and do some more modeling in the future!

Besides modeling what are some of your hobbies?

Recently I’ve been into Youtube, so I’ve made a couple videos on things that interest me like makeup and fashion! But I’m also interested in photography, cooking, and taking care/ instagraming my succulents.

Tell us about a typical day in the life of you?

I wake up and lay in bed for as long as I possibly can, and then I get up a start my day! Usually I head to work or class in the morning and all through the afternoon but when I get home for the day I like to hit the gym or relax and read for a little. Then at night I’m usually finishing up homework before binge watching shows on Netlfix. Just a typical day for a college student!

Who would play you if they made a movie about your life?

I would want Zendaya to. She is a queen.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you bring?

A lighter, a book on how to build a boat and a knife.

Any celebrity crushes?

Chance the Rapper and Kit Harington. Because they are both incredibly talented, and cute too.

What has been your biggest/ favorite accomplishment so far?

I got straight A’s my first semester so that was pretty surprising, but other than that definitely getting involved on campus and becoming a student leader. 

What is one piece of advice that you wish someone gave you before college?

Get involved and get out of your comfort zone! Good things happen to people who work hard!

What would you like to be remembered for?

Being generous, smart and creative. My grandfather always said that you should always be able to walk into a room and hold your head high, and that’s what I always aspire to do.