This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Makeup addicts rejoice! Sephora has started their own subscription box. But, it hasn’t come without controversy. Sephora started slowly released their Play! box in a few major cities starting in fall 2015. If you didn’t live in one of these cities, you were waitlisted (as I was). When they first start, most subscription boxes have a waitlist that you can register to. But because this is Sephora we are talking about, makeup addicts on the waitlist got restless! I myself have been on the waitlist since February, and just got the email from Sephora saying that I’m officially off the waitlist and can purchase the Play! box, which I did. The invitation lasts for 12 days, so if you get it, go for it! Here’s some more info on Sephora’s Play! box.

Box Details:

Cost: $10/month

What you get: 5 deluxe beauty samples

1 Fragrance sample

1 Collectable bag

1 Play! Book that gives you information on the products in the box

1 Play! Pass which gives you a free one-on-one tutorial, in-store meetups, and bonus Beauty Insider Points.

Comparison to other beauty boxes: Because Sephora carries high end brands, that means that all of your samples will be quality brands that you probably have heard of before. In comparison to other beauty boxes – like Ipsy, Glossybox, etc. – you never know if the brands you get will be drugstore or high end brands.

Is it worth it: YES! Okay, you may be thinking: “why would I spend $10 a month for deluxe samples?”.  Well, let me tell you why! You may know that if you are a Sephora BI or VIB member, you earn points for every dollar you spend at Sephora ($1 = 1 point). You get your first reward once you’ve earned 100 points – meaning you spent $100. That’s a lot! So, you could get some of the Play! samples with reward points, but you wouldn’t be able to get the six samples by only spending $10 like you do with Play!. The subscription is a good deal!

Final thoughts:  The Play! box is slowly making its way to different cities, so I would say put yourself on the waitlist and see what happens! I think if you get off the waitlist you should go for it ASAP, and try it out for yourself and see if you think it’s worth it for you to continue. I am very excited to receive my first box! Thanks Sephora for making my beauty dreams come true!