MFA’s “Think Pink” Exhibit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

With the colder weather just around the corner, what better way to keep warm on the chilly autumn days than checking out a new exhibit at Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts? Launched on October 3rd, the MFA has a new exhibit called, “Think Pink,” which explores “the changing meaning of pink in art and fashion.” The girly, yet fascinating, exhibition features pink clothing, accessories, illustrations, paintings, and jewelry from the 18th century to the present day.

The color pink itself is so significant, as it is associated with fashion, femininity, and the female gender as a whole. It is no coincidence that this exhibit happened to have launched during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In fact, “Think Pink” includes a handful of dresses and accessories from the collection of the late Evelyn Lauder, who helped create awareness of breast cancer because she was the one who deemed pink the the official visual reference for it. “Think Pink” is definitely worth a visit, especially for those interested in fashion, because a handful of marvelous dresses by some of the most admirable names in fashion design throughout history are on display, along with a pair of pink Christian Louboutins that are to die for! If you didn’t catch the exhibit in October, don’t panic! It will run through May of 2014.