Jersey Shore Reunion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Pack your bags everyone, because we’re going to Jersey Shore b*tch! That’s right, Jersey Shore is coming back in 2018 for a family vacation and we’re all invited! The news was revealed on the MTV premiere of Floribama Shore on November 27th, 2017. UHMM HELLO MTV what exactly is this? I know we all tuned into Floribama Shore just to relive the good days when Jersey Shore was on television, however it just simply can never be replaced. It’s almost as if MTV heard our cries and decided to bring the original classic back.

The cast reunited earlier this year on an E! reunion special without appearances from Deena Cortese, Vinny Guadagnino, and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro. Ortiz-Magro also did not appear in the cast’s Burger King commercial that aired earlier this year. Fans were hoping this reboot of the series would finally bring a full cast reunion.

However, we’ve got a bit of a situation here, because one Jersey Shore member will not be participating in the family vacation festivities. Any guesses as to who? If you guessed Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola you’d be correct. While Ronnie no longer traumatizes her, she is happy in her new relationship and doesn’t want to relive that past. Totally understandable, but of course she will be missed. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi also spoke briefly about this on her podcast, It’s Happening With Snooki & Joey if you want to hear more. In all truthfulness, let’s just be thankful Angelina isn’t coming back!

On the bright side, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenni “JWOWW” Farley, Deena Cortese, Vinny Guadagnino, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Paul “Pauly D” Delvecchio and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro will all be back for more fun! They’ve all grown up since the show, some are even married with children. However, putting all of them back in the same room is likely to cause some sort of drama and shenanigans!

There has yet to be a date released for when the vacation is happening but in the meantime, head to the gym, get your tan on, and do some laundry!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.