How to Stay Fit In Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As college students, life gets busy. Between balancing classes, jobs, and clubs sometimes we loose sight of the need for exercise. Our lives are consumed of schoolwork and socializing and are bank accounts are constantly getting drained. So, we often use the term “broke college student” and “I’m too busy” as excuses to put off exercise. However, living in Boston, one of the fittest cities in the country, is a reason in itself to quit saying no to putting off working out. Here’s how to stay fit in Boston on a college student’s budget:

1. Run the Charle’s River

If you’re looking for a good view while working out, running the Charle’s is the destination to do so. Located right on the river, the path offers mileage for marathoners to short distance runners and is accessible from Newtown all the way to Boston Harbor. Now if you’re not into running, no worries, the Charle’s is also a hot spot for bikers and walkers.

2. Try a Class at a Studio

Whether you’re looking for a spin class or a yoga studio, the city of Boston is covered with studios ranging from all different price ranges and class levels. Clubs like, TITLE Boxing, Handle Bar, Brikam Yoga, The Bar Method, and Boston Sports Club all offer student and new client discounts and offer several varieties of classes.

3. Check out Eventbrite

If you’re anything like me, free is your middle name. If you are looking to not break the budget check out Eventbrite! They’re always promoting free classes and are offered all throughout the city. Places like the  Lawn on the D and the Prudential Center are two hot spots for classes to be held. Check it out weekly, because they are always updating and offering different things. 

4. WALK

If you’re more a put your headphones on and get lost type of person, its time to take advantage of how walkable the city is. With several different neighborhoods in the city of Boston, there is always something new to explore and reasons to go out and see new things. Walking doubles as exercise and sightseeing, so how could you pass up an offer like that? Turn your Fitbit on and start counting your steps! 

Now, exercise isn’t just something that gives you a hot bod, it’s also proven to boost endorphins and enhance brain activity so there are multiple reasons why you should go out and get fit. With so many option’s it is time to take advantage of living in this incredible city.