How to Help Support Breast Cancer Awareness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

All around the world, women AND men, are getting together every October to support breast cancer awareness. Whether football players are wearing their pink cleats and gloves, or women are getting together to fundraise for different organizations, everyone is supporting the cure. Of course, there are many ways that you can also support the cure.

1.      Breast Cancer Walks

Almost every major city in the country has a breast cancer walk where you can walk with survivors, friends and family members of survivors, and supporters of the cure.

2.      Donating to Foundations

There are several different organizations that you can donate too that help raise money for breast cancer research. A very notable organization is Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

3.      Sharing stories of survival

A way to raise awareness and show your support even if you don’t have the money to donate, is just by sharing friends, family, members, and even plain strangers’ stories of survival on social media or even word of mouth.

4.      Wear Pink!

Another easy way to support the cause is by wearing the color pink as much as possible the month of October, as Pink is the color of the breast cancer ribbon.

5.      Getting yourself and everyone you know tested

Possibly the best possible way to support the cure for breast cancer and raise awareness though is to get yourself, and all of your friends and family members tested as well. By getting yourself tested you are not only looking out for your own well-being, but everyone else’s as well by being a strong role model for them.