Esteban Cajigas ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Esteban Cajigas

Year: 2015

Major: Print Journalism

Hometown: Bogota, Colombia

Relationship status: Taken

Involvement on Campus: Editor-in-Chief of The Suffolk Voice

Astrology sign: Capricorn

Instagram: Jecajigas

Twitter: esteban_cajigas

Tell us a little bit about a typical day in the life of you?

Generally I try to keep myself busy. I have a great time working with The Suffolk Voice, playing music with my friends in our band Jack Romanov, and working part-time with The Boston Globe. I love watching Netflix, reading as much as I can, and watching soccer.

Who would play you in a movie about your life?

My friend Josh said Ethan Hawke. My friend Bri says River Phoenix. I like both.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want to have with you?

A collection of stories or something to read that would last me a while, a soccer ball, and a pan to cook with.

If you could travel to any place in the world right now, where would you go?

My favorite city in the world is Paris. Maybe I’d do something else like Istanbul or Hong Kong.

What are some of your hobbies/interests?

I enjoy writing, playing soccer, and playing music with my friends. My favorite soccer team is Manchester United and I hate missing a game.

What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Easy going! I find it attractive when a girl is engaging. I also think intelligence and a sense of motivation is important. I want to able to relax watching something funny on Netflix and if she knows how to use a record players or collects old records it’s a plus.

What are your biggest turn offs?

Not having any interests.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

I forgot it was valentines day in the fourth grade so I faked being sick to get out of school.

How do you feel about a girl making the first move?

It’s 2014, I don’t think it’s weird or anything. If anything that shows confidence.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Not a lot of people know that I love writing creative fiction. I just finished a novel. I also love playing the piano.

Settle down or hit it & quit it?

“Hitting and quitting” implies tricking or lying

Most awkward date you’ve been on:

A friend of mine asked me to go on a double date, but the girl he asked out had recently told me she had feelings for him. Nobody came out happy.

Thoughts on Tinder?

I’ve never used it but a lot of my friends (guys and girls) really like it. I think it’s fine as long as everything is consensual and nobody gets harassed.

What is your dream job?

I’d love to write full time.

Favorite TV show?

Serious drama, probably Mad Men. But I’m all about Bob’s Burgers and It’s Always Funny in Philadelphia.

What’s the one thing you don’t understand about the opposite sex?:

I feel like males and females both assume too much about each other.

What is the most embarrassing song on your itunes?

I still have most of the My Chemical Romance music I downloaded back in the sixth grade.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Alison Mosshart, singer of The Dead Weather and The Kills. I’d also say Scarlett Johansson.

What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

She’d never been to New York so I took her and showed her the whole city for our one year anniversary.

What is something a lot of people don’t know about you?

George Costanza and Charlie Kelly are my heroes.

What are your favorite/least favorite fashion trends for women?

Least: Crocs and short Miley Cyrus hair.

Favorite: Polka dot dresses and high waisted jeans.

Describe your ideal date night in Boston:

I don’t know. I don’t like repeating the same type of dates I guess.

What makes a girl dateable vs hookup-able?

It’s nothing about the girl. It’s more about what I’m interested in in that particular situation and finding someone who feels the same way.

How do you feel about being this week’s campus cutie?

I think it’s kinda funny and surprising. I’m involved in media at Suffolk so I’m very familiar with Her-Campus.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.