Emelia Golankiewicz ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Emelia Golankiewicz

Year: Senior

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Hillsborough, NJ

Relationship status: Single

Involvement on campus: HerCampus Social Media Co-Chair, Love Your Melon, Theta Phi Alpha

Astrology sign: Taurus

Instagram: @emgordon

Twitter: @emeliagordon

Which of your roommates is the sportiest?

Me, obviously. Everyone else is fake.

*Editor’s note: It’s Nicole

What is the best #sports game you’ve ever been to?

The 2013 ALCS championship game at Fenway when the Red Sox won. I was so paranoid I would jinx them, I wore a Bruins jersey there. I screamed my head off when they won and then they went on to win the World Series which was pretty cool.

What was your study abroad experience like?

I loved it. Ireland was so amazing and I liked being away from Boston for a little while. I got to meet a lot of cool people and travel Europe. I was taken out of my comfort zone but it was honestly so worth it. It was a great experience that I am definitely going to remember forever. I hope that I can return to Ireland and Europe soon because I miss it a lot.

What was the best place you visited and the best food you ate while you were there?

The best food I have had in Ireland was not Irish food which is sad. There was this place right near my apartment called Ramen that had the best pad thai, spring rolls, and other amazing asian street food. I ate there probably once a week because it was so good, and I am sad I can’t get it anymore.

What’s it like being the Her Campus social media coordinator?

I get to post pictures on Instagram and Tweet to promote all of our fabulous article with my Co-Chair Liz. We try to make sure our followers know about our new articles as well as any events going on at Suffolk that we are attending or want others to attend.

What else are you involved in outside of HerCampus?

I am currently on the crew for Love Your Melon which is an amazing company that sells wicked cute hats/apparel. When you buy a hat from them, a hat also goes to a child with cancer. A lot of their proceeds go to cancer funds. The crew is a lot of fun and I’m happy to be apart of it! I am also in one of the sororities on campus. I love the girls and we have a fun time doing different things throughout the year. I’m going to miss them after I graduate. Thanks for all the laughs and good times ladies! Shout out to my little Taylor, sorry I suck!

Dream job?

Dream job is to work exclusively on the Taco Bell Instagram. The overall aesthetic is amazing and I keep harassing them on twitter to give me the job. No luck yet.  

But actually working for the Red Sox.

Tell us about a typical day in the life of you?

I wake up, try to look presentable for the day, I either go to my internship or classes, then I come home, annoy my roommates, read or watch a movie and try to sleep for as long as possible.

What are some of your favorite things to do off campus?

Pet dogs, Go to Red Sox games, go to art museums, annoy Liz, have fun with my roommates, and try to cross stuff off my Senior Year Bucket List (I still have a lot to do).

What is something a lot of people don’t know about you?

I love photography. I own approximately 10 cameras (polaroid, film, digital). I actually thought for a while I was going to go to major in photography in college. It’s one of my passions aside from sports lol. I am always taking pictures and awesomely enough, 6 of my photos will be in Suffolks art magazine Venture this year so that’s pretty awesome!

What are your biggest turn ons / offs?

Turn off’s: Close-minded people, Yankee fan’s, People who take things so seriously and have no fun.

Turn on’s: Humor, Good taste in music, Beards, Tattoos, Adventurous, Love of sports, obviously.  

Who would play you if they made a movie about your life?

Amy Schumer? I’d like to think I’m as funny as her so she’d probably do a great job of portraying my sarcastic/sassy self.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want to have with you?

My annoying puppy Kasey, my ipod, and one of my many cameras.

Who is your celebrity crush?

At this moment it’s definitely Tyler Hoechlin.

What has been your biggest / favorite accomplishment so far?

I think my favorite accomplishment is studying abroad alone last year. I didn’t know anyone when I got there and was in a different country by myself but I managed to make some great friends and create a lot of amazing memories I will never forget.

FMK: Tyler Hoechlin, Misha Collins, Jensen Ackles

Wow this is sooooo rude. I feel so bad about this but… Fuck: Tyler Hoechlin, Marry, Jensen Ackles, and I’m so sad about this but, Kill: Misha Collins… I LOVE YOU MISHA!

Media student who loves pop culture and is almost always thinking about Harry Styles.
Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell