david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Easy Pop Culture & Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Tired of being a basic black cat or nerd for Halloween? Here are some pop culture costume sure to catch people’s eyes at this year’s Halloween party.

Stranger Things: Eleven– Eleven from the new Netflix show Stranger Things has stolen the hearts of many since the show has started. What better way to show your love for the show then grabbing a pink dress and some converse. Can’t forget the Eggos!

Harley Quinn- If you’ve seen the recent movie Suicide Squad, you know how badass and sexy Harley Quinn is. Her makeup and hair can easily be recreated. You’d be surprised at all her accessories you can find just laying around your room. 

Orange is the New Black- Another famous Netflix show every girl loves! This is a great costume you can do with a group of friends. All you really need is orange shirt and leggings and a name tag. Choose your favorite character and add one of their accessories like Alex’s glasses or Crazy eye’s fun buns.

It happens to the best of us every year. Halloween comes rushing in and you’ve completely forgot about your costumes for halloweekend. Here are some easy last minute costume ideas that can be ready in a pinch.

1.     Burglar- I’m sure in everyone’s closet you can find a pair of black jeans and a beanies. You can even dress up this costume and wear a cute striped dress pair with some black heels!

2.     Scarecrow- Just throw on a flannel, jeans, some brown boots and you’re ready to go. If you have some time to spare, get creative with some face paint and add some stitching and rosey red cheeks

3. Pigs in a Blanket- A perfect last minute costume for couples. All you need is a blanket and pig ears and nose, which you can easily print out and glue to some cardboard.