Check Out The SoWa Market Before It’s Too Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Looking for a last minute activity before the weather gets too cold? Look no further than the SoWa Open Market in the South End! Just minuets away from the Tufts Medical stop on the orange line, there’s tons to see and do.

The first area that you’ll stumble upon is the SoWa Arts Market, which brings together the best local artists. Here, you can find handmade jewelry, artwork, clothing, and drawings. The stuff that you find here can’t be found anywhere else. You can find fun and original pieces for cheap prices. The last time I was there, I bought these gorgeous drawings above from Melsy’s Illustrations.

The next stop over is the Farmer’s Market. Here, you have the choice to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, herbs, and beautiful flowers and plants from over 60 vendors. Because of the quality, these items tend to go fast. Even if you’re not interested in purchasing from the Farmer’s Market, many vendors will happily give out free samples or brochures about their products and companies. It’s a great way to really get a “taste” of New England, no pun intended.

The last stop at SoWa is the Food Truck Court, a food lover’s slice of heaven. Every Sunday, around 25 different food trucks pile into the market. The food truck companies have to apply to be a part of the market, so you know that what you’re eating is some of the best in the city. You can sit down or walk around with delicious grilled cheese, pizza, tacos, crepes, pho, and more. The trucks are there from 10-4, so there’s plenty of time to shop and come back for more.

If you’re interested in checking out SoWa, make sure you go this upcoming Sunday. It’ll be the last date before it closes for the season!

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.  
Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell