Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day in Beantown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

I think we can all agree that if you can’t be in Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day, Boston is the next best place. There are events going on all around Boston leading up to this legendary holiday that you don’t have to be Irish to participate in to enjoy the festivities. Here are some great ones that we recommend:

Celebration of Irish Punk

The Dropkick Murphys take over Boston at the House of Blues on March 12, 13, 14, and 15, performing live shows at 6 p.m. They will also be holding a show at noon on March 14. Click here to get your tickets!

Grab Some Irish Grub

The Harpoon Brewery will be holding its annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival March 6-7. There will be food vendors offering all of the classic Irish dishes that we all love. Enjoy the food while you listen to live Irish rock and roll bands all from around the Boston area.

St. Paddy’s Day in Southie

On Sunday, March 15, South Boston will be celebrating its 114th St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The parade kicks off at 1 p.m., starting at the West Broadway T station and running all the way to Andrew Square. To make sure you don’t miss the dozens of floats and marching bands, head down to the T early and get a spot anywhere along Broadway. Don’t miss out on Boston’s best parade of the year.

Celtic Spirit

Show your Irish spirit and cheer on the Celtics on March 13, where the team goes against the Orlando Magic at the TD Garden. Remember to wear green and check in at the Hub for discounted tickets, or try StubHub!

Free Food at Faneuil!

Check out Faneuil Hall on March 17 for some live Irish music, performances by Irish step dancers, and even better, free food!

Enjoy the festivities! And have a HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY!