Campus Celeb: Bridget McGuinness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Bridget McGuinness

Age: 20

Hometown: Nantucket, MA

Major: Film

LG: How did you start acting?

Bridget: I started acting when I was 10 in local theatre. But when I was a junior in high school I started traveling to Boston for acting classes every weekend for 3 months. I did theatre throughout high school and I recently started acting in films and television. 

LG: What’s your favorite role that you’ve played?

Bridget: I have so many favorite roles because they have been different! But my favorite experience was Chicago Fire. It was my first television job, so it was a great learning experience! The director gave me a compliment and the cast was super nice! Plus the best catering I’ve ever had!

LG: Where have you acted?

Bridget: I have acted in Nantucket theatre productions. My film/tv credits include “That’s My Boy” with Adam Sandler, “The Forger” with John Travolta, “The Grey Lady” with Eric Dane, and “Chicago Fire.”

LG: What is your involvement here at Suffolk?

Bridget: I am a member of the sorority on campus, Theta Phi Alpha.

LG: What inspired you to get involved?

Bridget: I had a friend already in the sorority and I am all about loyalty, which is what you get in a sorority. I wanted to surround myself with women that are loyal, driven, and intelligence.

LG: What are some of your hobbies?

Bridget: I love acting! I recently went to Chicago to film for the television show Chicago Fire. And I have been in a few films in Boston. I also just got myself a manager and constantly auditioning for projects.

LG: What is the biggest challenge you face being involved with so much?

Bridget: Being in a sorority, school, and acting is challenging. Making sure I have the time is the biggest issue. I could get cast in a project and need to be in a different state the next day! So being able to complete schoolwork and go to as many sorority events as I can has been tough. But luckily I have a great group of people supporting me.

LG: What is your favorite part about being in Boston?

Bridget: I love being surrounded by so much! I come from an island where it’s always quiet and nothing to do. So it’s great always having things to do, like going to the movies, Faneuil Hall, museums, and more!

LG: What is your favorite thing about Suffolk?

Bridget: The professors have been really understanding with my hectic schedule and it’s great to know I have their support.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.