Camilla Pirete ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Camilla Pirete

Year: Junior

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Worcester

Relationship status: Single

Involvement on campus: Her Campus, Love Your Melon, Honors Program

Astrology sign: Leo

Instagram: @camillapirete

What’s it like being the Event Coordinator of HerCampus?

I love it! It’s the perfect position for what I want to do in the future. It has taught me so much about how it is to work in the field and I’ve made so many connections already.

What else are you involved in outside of HerCampus?

I’m also involved in Suffolk’s Love Your Melon Crew and the Honors Program.

Dream job?

My dream job is either to someday become a wedding planner or to work in event planning in the fashion industry in New York City. GOALS!

Tell us about a typical day in the life of you?

Well… A typical weekday for me is I wake up around 5:30/6 am, put my face on, eat breakfast (& make lots of coffee), commute an hour and a half to school (because of traffic… *eye roll*), class, drive another hour and a half back home, gym, sleep, repeat. During the weekends, all I do is work. S/O to Bertucci’s! My life rocks.

What are your biggest turn ons / offs?

My biggest turn ons are guys who always smell good, their smile, and a good sense of humor. My biggest turn off is, of course, a cocky guy.

Who would play you if they made a movie about your life?

Oh god, I have so many celebrity crushes… But if I had to choose I think I’d go with Ellen Pompeo or Colbie Smulders. Grey’s Anatomy & How I Met Your Mother FO LIFE.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I was born in Brazil, I can draw, and I can lick my elbow ;)

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want to have with you?

My phone because I would probably get some awesome photos (do it for the Instagram), my pillow pet, and my Kindle

Who is your celebrity crush?

Patrick Dempsey all the way. I still have faith that me and him will get married someday… #derekshepardforever #husbandgoals

What has been your biggest / favorite accomplishment so far?

I think one of my biggest accomplishments has been getting to the point where I am now. I always wanted to live in the city when I was younger and to experience the city life. When my family and I first moved to the U.S., we barely had anything so just to see how far we’ve come and how far I’ve also come as a person is huge to me. I’m getting a great education in an awesome city… An opportunity I would’ve never thought I would get 15 years ago.

If you could live in one place right now, where would it be?

New York City, but I’m happy exactly where I am right now!

Twitter or Instagram?

Instagram: @camillapirete

Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell