This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Everyone has those days where you just want to chill out and lay in bed all day.  Nowadays, those days involve a lot of Netflix watching! The problem is that there are so many things to watch on Netflix… how do you decide what to watch?! 

As someone who has spent pretty much all her time watching Netflix, here are some shows that I think everyone should binge watch. There’s plenty of different genres included in this list, so there should be something for everyone. I’ve also personally watched each and every episode of all of these shows so I can tell you just how amazing they all are!

The binge time next to the show name is if you watch it on a continued loop, so you’ll have to factor in break times and sleeping times and all that!

The Walking Dead – 5 Seasons, about 4-5 Days of Binging

This is by far my favorite show on the planet! I found it on Netflix a few years ago when the fourth season was on TV.  It’s amazing and gets better each season! There’s currently five seasons on Netflix and the sixth season will be coming out this fall. The sixth season’s finale is actually coming up on the AMC in April. This is a horror show about zombies, and can definitely be pretty gory and scary at times… but I love it! I’m someone that doesn’t watch horror films, so If you can handle a couple scares and lots of heartbreak, and quite a lot of blood, this one’s for you.

Lost – 9 Seasons, about 5-6 Days of Binging

This is the original show to binge watch and one of the greatest shows of all time! It’s about a plane crash on a crazy remote island and a ton of bizarre supernatural stuff starts happening. It’s super hard to explain… but it’s one of the best shows to binge because you’ll never want to turn it off. Also, most of the population has seen every episode, so you’ll have plenty of people to talk to and complain to about it! I’d save this one for a vacation or even summer, because it’s incredibly hard to stop watching once you’ve started. By the end of the show you’ll want to restart it, trust me.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer/ Angel – 7 & 5 Seasons, about 10-11 days all together

Buffy started airing in the 90’s, so the special effects aren’t too good but it’s still a great show! Angel is the spin off that started when season four of Buffy started, it’s got a lot of the same characters and a lot of interloping episodes. There’s plenty of guides online that will tell you the right order to watch the episodes. The whole series has a great plot and a ton of amazing characters. It’s about a teenage girl who slays vampires and all that… and she saves the world a billion times! There’s tons of hilarious monsters and lots of drama, so don’t let the horrible fashion choices turn you away!

Criminal Minds – 10 Seasons, about 10 days of Binging

This was my go-to show over the summer last year and I loved it. It’s a crime-investigation show with some amazing characters that you can’t help but fall in love with! The 11th season is currently running on CBS and finishes up in early May, but it’ll be coming to Netflix this fall.

Sherlock – 3 Seasons – 1-2 days of Binging

Don’t let the three episodes per season deter you from watching this one, because each episode is an hour and a half and super intense. It’s also best to watch each episode in a season back-to-back, which is why it’s perfect for binging. As the title suggests, it’s based off of Sherlock Holmes and written by the same people who wrote the revised series of Doctor Who. It’s a great detective series with amazingly developed characters!  This show is for pretty much anyone… no matter what types of shows you like watching, I can guarantee you’ll love it. So, if you’ve got a weekend with nothing to do, give Sherlock a shot and I can promise you won’t regret it. Plus, who doesn’t love watching hours and hours of British people talking?!

If you liked any of those, or didn’t like them and want something else, give these a try:

Pretty Little Liars (ABC/ Freeform)– 5 Seasons, about of week.

Merlin (BBC)– 5 Seasons, 4 days

Supernatural (The WB/ CW)– 10 Seasons, about 11-12 days

Hart Of Dixie (The CW)– 4 Seasons, 3-4 days

Gossip Girl (The CW)– 6 Seasons, 6 days

Big fan of most things involving music, photography superhero & TV shows.