etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Balling on a Budget for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The week we have all been waiting for is almost here… Spring Break! But with only a couple days left until Spring Break, some people have yet to find plans while others just can’t wait to get away. When you think ‘Spring Break’, you picture warm weather, sunny skies, beaches, and suntans. And for those who are sick of this awful New England weather can agree with me that a perfect little getaway vacation to a tropical place sounds just about perfect right now. Unfortunately, not all of us can afford a trip like that. But not to worry, there are still lots of other activities you can do even if you won’t be going away.

So here are a few fun things to plan for a Spring Break at home without breaking the bank:

Ski trip with your friends:

As nice as a beach sounds, New England is still covered in snow so why not make it worthwhile. I personally don’t know how to ski but it can be a fun thing to do during this cold time of the year.

Plan a day or weekend trip to the city that never sleeps:

New York is just a three-hour drive so carpool with some friends and visit the Rockefeller Center, the 9/11 memorial, or just simply go sight seeing in Times Square. You can even find great Groupon deals for hotels right in the city.

Take a tour of the State House:

It may sound a little boring but you would be amazed at how beautiful the architecture is once you step inside and the little history lessons along the way can be quite interesting.

Visit the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston:

You would be surprised at how great of an experience it is!

Attend a concert:

Checkout The Middle East in Cambridge, which has shows along with good food and the tickets are usually around $20.

Road Trip!:

If you’ve never gone on a road trip before, I highly suggest it. What’s better than all your friends jamming to great music and having a great time?

Attend a Bruins or a Celtics game:

It’s an activity that everyone should experience in Boston at least once even if you’re not much of a sports person, it’s always a good time when you go with a group of your close friends.

Now I know these activities don’t compare to lying on a beach and soaking in the sun but when you’re a college student and you’re balling on a budget, these events are perfect for a Spring Break at home!