Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Suffolk Archives

Relationship Blog: To Break Up or Stay Together Post Graduation

By Chelsea Graham
April 7, 2014 - 6:28pm

The thought of graduation approaching has been haunting you for weeks or even months now. When do I start applying for jobs? How many do I apply for? Where do I want to live? What if I don’t find a job right away? Do I even know what career path I want to be heading down? I’m sure all of these questions have been floating through your head. But besides all of that business, the equally as frightening question about the relationship you’re in has been lingering there too. “Should we stay together or break up after graduation?” READ MORE

Divergent Review

By Ellie Shackleton
April 7, 2014 - 1:14am

Alrighty then. Divergent. Let’s talk about it. I went and saw it last Friday, and I was not a huge fan. I did not read the book, so I realize my review might be a little off. As a movie, I did not like it at all. The idea was great, it reminded me a little bit of the Hunger Games, but the execution, was…not good. READ MORE

Relationship Blog: The 7 Excuses Why He's Not Texting Back

By Chelsea Graham
April 7, 2014 - 12:43am

So you’ve finally worked up the courage to text that guy you’re totally into, and of course he doesn’t text back right away. First, you go into panic mode thinking about what you did wrong and re reading the text even thought you said “Hey!” You just need to make sure you didn’t sound to eager or needy or stupid. And then you start coming up with a million excuses for why he isn’t texting back.  Here is a list of some of the most common excuses girls give guys. 1. He’s playing it cool. READ MORE

Styling the Trends

By Julie Grassey
April 3, 2014 - 6:24pm

Translating the trends of Fashion Week runways into everyday looks is often a difficult thing to accomplish. Whether it is a complete sweater-knit look from head to toe, as seen in the Marc Jacobs Fall 2014 show, or a giant pink, plaid cape styled on the Delpozo runway, it can be easier than you might think to make these trends your own.  Classy Cut-Outs Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2014 Photography: Imaxtree READ MORE

Concert Review: G-Eazy, These Things Happen Tour

By KristieSudol
April 3, 2014 - 3:19pm

READ MORE

11 Most Essential Study Abroad Tips

By Ellie Hawkins
April 3, 2014 - 12:53am

We all heard this as we were about begin our freshman year of college: “These will be the best years of your life!” I believed it…at first. After becoming involved on campus and going to events, I still felt like something was missing. I craved more adventure and wanted to find out more about myself. I heard many older students on campus talk about studying abroad and the amazing experiences they had in another country. I realized this was the adventure I had been yearning for. This was my chance to explore, learn about other cultures, make mistakes (not regretful ones, but ones that help me learn more about myself), and get out of my comfort zone. READ MORE

Beauty Blog: Guide to Finding the Perfect Lipstick

By Nicole Fell
April 2, 2014 - 1:58am

The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and that woman running to the subway in business casual attire has the complete wrong shade of lip color on. Spring is finally upon us, and cosmetic companies have released new and bright lip colors to match the season. To most, picking a lipstick shade seems like a simple and ridiculous task; however, there are many factors should be considered. Before going into the complexion-specific rules of lipstick, there are few basic rules across the board. Too much sparkle is not a good thing. Shimmer lipstick can look nice—to a point. When a lipstick is too shimmery, it looks tacky. READ MORE

Relationship Blog: 10 Signs You're With Mr. Wrong

By Caprice Serafine
April 2, 2014 - 1:37am

By this point I’m sure we’ve all had our fair share of Mr. Wrongs, and we’ve hopefully learned from our misjudgments and poor decisions. However, there are several types of Mr. Wrong’s that maybe you haven’t met yet. Therefore, I present to you a cumulated list of girls’ Mr. Wrong warning signs that we should all be on the look out for: READ MORE

Boston's Best Ice Cream

By Hannah McGuirl
April 2, 2014 - 12:30am

Now that summertime is quickly approaching, we’re pretty much all craving the sweet treats that go along with the season. Namely, ice cream! What fun summer night is complete without stopping for some ice cream? I’ve laid out some of the must try ice cream shops in and around Boston for you to check out this spring and summer. Bring friends, a date, or just go solo, and indulge at some of these hot spots!  1. Toscanini’s 889 Main Street, Cambridge READ MORE

MS MR Concert Review

By Hannah McGuirl
April 1, 2014 - 12:43am

MS MR, the chillwave pop duo from Brooklyn, came back to Boston this past week. Their performance at Paradise Rock Club was absolutely phenomenal. Lizzy Plapinger, vocalist, and Max Hershenow, musician, wowed everyone at the sold out show. READ MORE