Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Suffolk Archives

W!cked Competition!

By Nicole Fell
March 6, 2014 - 4:24pm

On Thursday March 6th, W!CKED—Suffolk's student run hip-hop dance crew, will host their first ever #ThrowbackThursday Dance Competition. The competition will feature different crews and dance companies from around the city of Boston. Those competing include: the Suffolk University Dance Company, Kinetic Edge, Wheelock Xclusive, Mocha Moves, Brandeis Kaos Kids, and the Simmons Dance Team. The competition will feature showcase dances by W!CKED along with Beat Connex, ProNailz, and Darnell “Snoopy” Brown. And the best part is the winner will recieve $400! READ MORE

What A Guy Wants...& What He Doesn't

By Alexa Mellardo
March 5, 2014 - 1:00pm

Face it.  Most gals would absolutely LOVE to be inside a guy’s head.  What is he thinking?  Does he like me? Are “we” going anywhere? Am I just a hook-up?  Where do we stand in our relationship? Does he even like or notice my trendy new Steve Madden pumps? Unfortunately, mind reading is not a talent we can acquire, so I am here to provide all of my ladies with the lowdown on what a guy wants. READ MORE

Book Blog: One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories

By Elizabeth Mulaski
March 5, 2014 - 11:00am

B.J. Novak released his debut book on February 4. The fiction book, One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories, is more than you might expect from the celebrated cast member of The Office. To put it broadly, the book is a collection of short stories. With 276 pages, there are really only 64 short stories. Novak breaks the book up by including anecdotes and likely discarded Twitter jokes. The book is infused with the humor you would expect from a comedy star, but there are some heavier thoughts than just that. The book has themes of philosophy, family, love, identities, and everything in between. READ MORE

Foodie Blog: How to Make a Second Breakfast Hobbit Cake

By Ellie Shackleton
March 5, 2014 - 10:19am

Make this delicious cake for your favorite Tolkien fans! It’s called the “Second Breakfast Cake,” however, it can be eaten at any time of day! Trust me, this cake will make you wish you were a hobbit. How can you not want to be a hobbit? You can eat upwards of 7 times a day, and you’re tiny and adorable. I’m getting ahead of myself. INGREDIENTS: ½ cup of flour ½ teaspoon of baking soda 1/8 teaspoon of salt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1 large egg ½ cup of buttermilk READ MORE

Beauty Blog: Brow Boot Camp, Tips & Tricks for Amazing Arches

By Ayla Erdos-Steinberg
March 5, 2014 - 5:00am

READ MORE

Soul Cycle Opening in Chestnut Hill

By Jordan Lane
March 4, 2014 - 10:27pm

Beginning tomorrow, 12:00 PM every Monday will have a whole new meaning for you. In a matter of weeks you will be “tapping it back” in your sleep, and in a matter of months you will have gained some soul (hopefully some great legs, too). SoulCycle, a spin class that started in New York City, and has taken the fitness world by storm. On March 5th, Soul Cycle will open it’s studio doors in Chestnut Hill. READ MORE

Entertainment Blog: Sherlock Season 3 Review

By Ellie Shackleton
March 4, 2014 - 10:00am

WARNING: SPOILERS!! READ MORE

15 Pinkberry Creations That Are Better Than a Boyfriend

By Ellie Hawkins
March 3, 2014 - 11:52pm

1. Chocolate frozen yogurt with kiwi, raspberries, pineapple and brownie pieces. 2.  Salted caramel frozen yogurt with milk chocolate crunch sauce and captain crunch cereal. 3. Pumpkin frozen yogurt with yogurt chips, caramelized almonds, nutmeg and a waffle cookie. READ MORE

You Know You Go To Suffolk When...

By Ellie Hawkins
March 3, 2014 - 9:57pm

1. When you wait hours for the elevators in Sawyer. 2. When they cancel class at any sign there might be snow. 3. When your everyday perfume is the smoke outside of Sawyer. 4. When you get glares from the Beacon Hill residents as you are walking to class. READ MORE

Abby Kim '14: Suffolk Superstar

By Ellie Hawkins
March 3, 2014 - 2:39am

Abby Kim took on Suffolk University, and used all of the opportunities offered to her here. She made a checklist of everything she wanted to accomplish and was able to do it all. Her strong work ethic and determination helped her get the most out of her college experience. Name: Abby Kim Age: 21 Hometown: Somers, CT Major: Psychology and International Affairs Year: Senior READ MORE