Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Suffolk Archives

Affordable Fashions: The Ins and Outs of Thrift Shopping in Boston

By Anna Gleason
March 23, 2014 - 10:48pm

Ever find yourself longing for the newest fashions but cringing at the price? Well lucky for those who reside in the Boston area I have created a cheat sheet to finding great affordable fashions, possibly right in your own neighborhood! Based off friends as well as my own shopping experiences I have narrowed down the best and worst thrift shops, as well as where to go for what. I’ve come to find that in some cases thrift shops are just hit or miss, which unfortunately is a risk you take whenever thrift shopping. However, I’ve done my best to direct you in the right direction in the hopes that you find what you’re looking for.  Now, you also have to be prepared to look. My cheat sheet may help, but I can’t do all the work here. Enjoy! ...

Tinder Do's and Don'ts

By Hannah McGuirl
March 23, 2014 - 10:47pm

It’s safe to say that at this point we’ve all at least heard of “Tinder.” For those of you who haven’t, Tinder is a dating/hookup app, linked to Facebook that allows you to sort through numerous guys or girls in your area via a <3 or X symbol. Depending on whether you are interested in them or not based on their photos and profile, you can swipe to like them or pass them. If you and that person have both liked each other, you become a match, at which point you have the ability to message one another. One of the best parts about Tinder, in my opinion, is that you’ll never be matched with your Facebook friends…because that would just be awkward. READ MORE

What to Expect When Dating an Older Guy

By Jordan Lane
March 23, 2014 - 9:58pm

READ MORE

What's In Erin's Bag?

By Erin Cooper
March 22, 2014 - 8:04pm

As any girl knows, accessories can make or break an outfit, and her bag is no exception. Going to school in Boston means that a girl’s bag has to be stylish, yet functional. Whether I’m going to class or walking down Newbury Street, I always make sure to carry my essentials with me. Read on to find out what they are!  The Bag: The tote that I’m usually seen with is the Tory Burch Ella Nylon tote. I was tired of carrying a backpack around campus, and I wanted something more stylish, and still large enough to store everything I need without weighing me down. It’s great to carry around campus, and it’s also a great bag to take on trips! READ MORE

SUDC Strong

By Elizabeth Mulaski
March 20, 2014 - 5:47pm

Come see the Suffolk University Dance Company’s spring showcase tonight! The theme for their spring show is SUDC strong, and it will feature a number of different styles of dance. They will dance to different songs of empowerment, and you definitely don’t want to miss out on this! This is a great chance to see what the team has been working on this year! Suffolk’s hip hop team, W!cked, and two outside dance groups will be dancing as well. Check out it out Thursday March 20th at 8pm in the C Walsh Theater! Tickets are free!   READ MORE

Sexy? Or Sleazy?

By Alexa Mellardo
March 20, 2014 - 4:48pm

READ MORE

Introducing Flashnotes.com

By Chelsea Graham
March 20, 2014 - 1:43pm

As college students, we’re all struggling to pay for what we need in our daily lives. Whether its food, rent, textbooks, or even just some spending money, I think I speak for us all when I say we could always use a little extra cash. And with midterms behind us and finals approaching quicker than ever, it can be overwhelming to get all of your work and studying done, while worrying about your monetary issues. LUCKILY, there’s a new website out there to help you make more money and improve your grades. We are excited to introduce Flashnotes to the Suffolk community.  READ MORE

Peter Pilotto for Target

By Charlotte O'Neill
March 20, 2014 - 1:10pm

Target is no stranger to the world of designer collaborations. Their impressive list of past designer collections includes Jason Wu, Phillip Lim 3.1, Missoni, and even Proenza Schouler, and you can bet their most recent is just as exciting. Target collaborated with British label Peter Pilotto in a line that includes shoes, bathing suits, and accessories, in addition to clothes. READ MORE

10 Activities That Are Okay to do Alone

By Ellie Hawkins
March 20, 2014 - 12:45pm

It is always an adventure when you go out with your friends. Whether it is going to the club, getting frozen yogurt, or just lying around your apartment gossiping and watching TV, it is always a blast. But, what happens when they can’t go out, don’t want to go see the same movie as you, or worst of all, if they ditch you at the last second? Do you just not go? The answer to that is NO! You should not be afraid to do something alone. You will always be your own best friend, because no one knows what you enjoy better than yourself.  Here are some activities you can do when your friends are unavailable and why you should do them ALONE! READ MORE

Going the Distance: A Guide to Long Distance Relationships

By Angel Marr
March 20, 2014 - 12:40am

Long distance relationship are no walk in the park, but have no fear! It is possible to have a happy, healthy long distance relationship! Having been in a long distance relationship for the last three years, I hope to provide some quick tips on how to deal with the distance. Whether you’re new to LDRs (long distance relationships), or you’re a veteran, here is my guide to maintaining a healthy long distance relationship! 1. Communication….. but not too much! READ MORE