Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Suffolk Archives

Sexy? Or Sleazy?

By Alexa Mellardo
March 20, 2014 - 4:48pm

READ MORE

Introducing Flashnotes.com

By Chelsea Graham
March 20, 2014 - 1:43pm

As college students, we’re all struggling to pay for what we need in our daily lives. Whether its food, rent, textbooks, or even just some spending money, I think I speak for us all when I say we could always use a little extra cash. And with midterms behind us and finals approaching quicker than ever, it can be overwhelming to get all of your work and studying done, while worrying about your monetary issues. LUCKILY, there’s a new website out there to help you make more money and improve your grades. We are excited to introduce Flashnotes to the Suffolk community.  READ MORE

Peter Pilotto for Target

By Charlotte O'Neill
March 20, 2014 - 1:10pm

Target is no stranger to the world of designer collaborations. Their impressive list of past designer collections includes Jason Wu, Phillip Lim 3.1, Missoni, and even Proenza Schouler, and you can bet their most recent is just as exciting. Target collaborated with British label Peter Pilotto in a line that includes shoes, bathing suits, and accessories, in addition to clothes. READ MORE

10 Activities That Are Okay to do Alone

By Ellie Hawkins
March 20, 2014 - 12:45pm

It is always an adventure when you go out with your friends. Whether it is going to the club, getting frozen yogurt, or just lying around your apartment gossiping and watching TV, it is always a blast. But, what happens when they can’t go out, don’t want to go see the same movie as you, or worst of all, if they ditch you at the last second? Do you just not go? The answer to that is NO! You should not be afraid to do something alone. You will always be your own best friend, because no one knows what you enjoy better than yourself.  Here are some activities you can do when your friends are unavailable and why you should do them ALONE! READ MORE

Going the Distance: A Guide to Long Distance Relationships

By Angel Marr
March 20, 2014 - 12:40am

Long distance relationship are no walk in the park, but have no fear! It is possible to have a happy, healthy long distance relationship! Having been in a long distance relationship for the last three years, I hope to provide some quick tips on how to deal with the distance. Whether you’re new to LDRs (long distance relationships), or you’re a veteran, here is my guide to maintaining a healthy long distance relationship! 1. Communication….. but not too much! READ MORE

Katie Babb '14

By Ellie Hawkins
March 19, 2014 - 10:57pm

Katie Babb is a strong and dedicated student. She is able to juggle school, work, clubs, and sports in a very efficient way. Katie is a fun-loving person who always looks at the positive side of things. She has a plethora of opportunities coming in her near post-graduate future. Name: Katie Babb Age: 22 Major: Public relations, minoring in marketing Hometown: Manchester, New Hampshire Year: Senior READ MORE

Ailton Carvalho '14

By Georgia Polemenakos
March 19, 2014 - 1:20am

Name: Ailton C. Carvalho Major: Sociology: Crime & Justice Year: Senior, 2014 Hometown: Boston, MA Astrological Sign: Leo Relationship Status: Committed to modeling What do you look for in a girl? Confidence, intelligence, and ambition! Confidence is super sexy and tricky at the same time. There’s a fine line between confidence and cockiness, so kudos to the girls who can pull it off! ;) READ MORE

Sweat, Braids, and Bronze: Hair and Make-Up Tips for Pre and Post Workout

By Ellie Hawkins
March 9, 2014 - 11:23pm

Finding time for the gym as a college student can be very difficult. And if you do find time to go during your day, you don’t always have the motivation to go. Don’t lie to yourself. You know part of the reason why you might be hesitant to go in the middle of the day is because you do not want to ruin your hair or makeup. Fortunately, I have cute hairstyle and makeup tips for after working out that will make you just as glamorous as before you hit the gym…maybe even better.   BEFORE: READ MORE

The Ultimate St. Patty's Day Guide

By Alexa Mellardo
March 9, 2014 - 10:47pm

What to wear… Whether you’re staying in the city for Boston's legendary parade, bar hopping and fun festivities, or hosting a party of your own with a bunch of friends, you should be fashionably prepared to show your St. Patty’s Day spirit. One thing is for sure, Beantown knows how to throw it down…so plan to look your best! As you’re out and about shopping, be on the lookout for fun touches that you can easily work into your plan, style & look. In planning ahead, you won’t be scrambling around a few days before trying to figure it all out. Whatever you do, keep it classy and green all over ladies! READ MORE

Kendall and Kylie Jenner Take the Fashion Industry by Storm

By Hannah McGuirl
March 8, 2014 - 8:14pm

“Keeping Up With The Kardashians” stars, Kendall and Kylie Jenner have really been making a name for themselves recently in the fashion and beauty industry. Not only have they been models and spokeswomen for huge names such as. Forever 21, Nordstrom, OPI Nicole Nail Polish, and Sherri Hill, but they also have a few of their own fashion lines. Their spring collection at PacSun has just been released, as well as their new Steve Madden shoe and handbag line. READ MORE