Apparel Paris: Closet Organizing App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

I’ve always had a few reasons why I want to be Cher Horowitz from Clueless. Her charisma and kindness were admirable, and her hair was enviable. One of the things that I was most jealous of, though, was the program on her computer that analyzed her clothes and chose outfits for her. What more could you want on a busy morning or when you “have nothing to wear” as you stare at a closet full of clothing options? Well, there’s a new app from The Innovation Company, a French startup, that created an iPhone app that does what Cher’s computer program does.

The app works like this: you first create a profile, in which you choose your body shape and skin tone. Next, there are over 800 “basic” clothing items on the app that you choose based on items that you actually own. There’s also an option to manually add something you own to the app if it isn’t available in the 800 choices. You then tell the app if you want to go for a casual or dressy look, and you can even let the app know what the weather will be like. In a few seconds, you’ll have an outfit created for you! You can swap out pieces, or take a specific item and create an item around it.

It might sound a little complicated, but it was a huge success in France. It’s now available for download in the App store, so if you’re curious, try it out!

Watch the video here for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grYURnHoT8w

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.  
Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.