Andrew Ball & Tim Sprague: Campus Celebrities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Andrew Ball

Age: 24

Hometown: Brick, NJ

Major: Management with a Minor in Finance

Instagram: Ballsy44

Twitter: andrewball17

Name: Tim Sprague

Age: 23

Hometown: Plymouth, MA

Major: Criminal Justice ISOM Minor

Instagram: timsprague

Twitter: coffeedad

How long have you been playing hockey for?

A: I started playing hockey at the age of 5, or to be more formal, five.

T: Noting that the question does not ask at what age you started playing hockey like Andrew alluded to, I have been playing hockey for 18 years.

What advice do you have for the new upcoming freshman boys?

A: The first thing that I would advise to upcoming freshman is to download the app WIGO. This app has turned me from being one of the Suffolk Hockey Captains into the most recognizable face on the Suffolk Campus in just a few months. Next I would say to create a LinkedIn profile and connect with me immediately. I have an expert level profile, which proves to people that I am mature and professional. People are attracted to these features. I definitely feel that these two things can really help any freshman to have a successful first few months at school.

T: I would definitely advise the upcoming freshman guys to score as many goals as possible during their career here at Suffolk. Scoring goals is an extremely enjoyable activity and makes others around you like you more, leading to more friends. Also being a roommate to the Campus Ambassador of WIGO I would be remiss not to encourage all students to download and enjoy the wonderful app.

What has been your favorite moment this season or in your Suffolk hockey career?

A: I was a big fan of our winning streak in the beginning of the year. Obviously winning is a lot of fun, but also my other roommate Tim Benedetto had a lot of success and got a lot of regional and national attention for his efforts, which naturally made him more pleasant to hang out with around the apartment. I also enjoyed playing in the playoffs both my junior and senior years despite tough losses.

T: I would have to agree that my favorite part of my career was the first semester of my senior season. Although sports are all about having fun, you can not have fun unless you win so being able to set the school record for the best start in Suffolk history is something that I am proud of.

Who would you say is your hockey idol?

A: I would have to say my hockey idol is Connor Brickley of the Florida Panthers Organization. He is the cousin of my roommate Tim Benedetto. I would say that he is definitely my hockey idol, and if you were to ask him who his idol was outside of hockey, I would have a tough time believing that I am not his.

T: My hockey idol is Timmy Benedetto. Now it may sound cheesy to nominate my own roommate, but Timmy deserves it. His blatant disregard for his body and willingness to get hit by pucks travelling at high velocities is a true inspiration to all that watch him play. I love you Timmy.

What else are you guys involved with on campus?

A: I have participated in Best Buddies, SAAC, and Breakfast with Santa. I am also the starting goalie of the Cincinnati Rough Riders in the intramural Kitchen Cup soccer league.

T: Best Buddies, SAAC, Senior Gift Committee, Kitchen Cup Futbol League, Vest Friends.

What would you say has been your biggest accomplishment throughout your four years here at Suffolk?

A: My biggest accomplishment at Suffolk would be that I was a key part of turning the hockey program around after we went 3-21 my freshman year. I also would say getting hired to be a Financial Advisor is something to be proud of considering I still have a few months before graduation.

T: Being named captain was important to me, it was an honor to lead such a great group of guys that always listened to me and were not a nuisance at all.

What excites you the most about graduating in May?

A: Starting my career is hands down what I’m most excited for. I also look forward to getting a few graduation pictures with my friends and family. To be honest I’m running out of pictures to use for my Instagram that I feel will really allow me to get a high number of likes which has some what affected me. I am also excited to go to more mature bars like Scholars and attend what could be considered happy hours on a more regular basis.

T: I am extremely excited to move out of the North End and back to Plymouth with my parents. I missed them very much the past four years and look forward to spending my weekends watching movies and helping my mother learn how to use her iPhone. Living in the North End had its benefits such as leaving your trash on the sidewalk every Thursday and Sunday but I am thrilled to move to a place that is nowhere near my friends and has no nightlife.

What’re your plans for after you graduate Suffolk?

A: After I graduate, I will become a Financial Advisor with McAdam Financial and also continue to be a Bar Back at Howl At The Moon. I would love to put some serious money in the bank to pay off any debts that my parents have because of me. I’m sure a lot of girls think that its very cute of me to want to do something like this, however I want to do it because I love my parents and I’m planning on being super successful.

T: I will be entering the Technology Sales field and look forward to putting some serious money in Andrew’s bank account to help him pay off any debt that his parents have because of him. I’m sure a lot of girls think that its very cute of me to want to do something like this, however I want to do it because I love Andrew and his parents.

What is something you wished you could have done at Suffolk, but never got the chance to do?

A: I don’t know of anything more I could have done while at Suffolk. I really have had a better time that 99 percent of the people that come to this school, most likely because of my high social status as a Bar Back at Howl, or possibly because of the fame I gained from being an ambassador for the app WIGO, but overall I would say I had a great time and look forward to having a career and continuing to enjoy all that downtown Boston has to offer.

T: I really wanted to go on a Duck Tour while I was here at Suffolk but unfortunately never got around to it. Duck Tours look very fun and although I get startled when tourists yell “quack” at me from a large amphibious vehicle, it is something I wanted to be a part of.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.