3 Food Friendly Outfit Ideas For Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

When you think about Thanksgiving two things usually come to mind: giving thanks and the FOOD. Since it’s a holiday, most girls like to look put together and cute. The struggle is… no one wants that full stomach showing from the aftermath of eating an overload of food from your Thanksgiving meal. Don’t worry, I’m here to help. Here are three food friendly types of outfits to wear on Thanksgiving so you will feel stylish and put together, but don’t have to worry about eating too much!

Plaid shirt dresses are comfortable, cute and completely in style. Wearing this plaid shirt dress will make you look adorable but still able to hide that full stomach. You can pair this shirtdress with a scarf and a cardigan to add an extra layer. Wear some tights, leggings or high socks with boots depending on the weather. For a more casual look, pair it with Converse sneakers.

High waisted clothing should be one of your best friends in your closet. Wear a cropped knit sweater with a high-waist, flowy skirt and you will be comfortable and not have to worry about that full stomach showing either.  Pull the look together with a cute pair of tights or wear some high socks with boots, such as the ones I showed above and you will look and feel fabulous this Thanksgiving.

Long chunky sweaters are a must this season. This trendy sweater is another food friendly outfit that you will feel great wearing on Thanksgiving. Try pairing it with faux leather leggings or boyfriend jeans. Add your favorite pair of booties and you’re good to go–not too mention looking great!

I hope this was helpful and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell