Top 5 Tips for Hosting a Halloween Party!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

As Halloween fast approaches, we’ve decided to give you our top tips for throwing a spectacularly spooky halloween party for you and your friends!

1. Playlist!

Having the perfect playlist can make or break a party! Head over to Spotify, to check out their Halloween themed playlists! Alternatively, take some inspiration from the list below!

2. Cocktails!

These Martha Stewart Blood Orange cocktails are really quick and easy to make: using 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blood-orange juice (from 7 to 8 blood oranges), chilled and 6 tablespoons of blood-orange liqueur! Combine the blood-orange juice and liqueur in a large pitcher, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, finally, pour into test tubes or small glasses! For more cocktail recipes from Martha Stewart, follow this link!

3. Decorations!

Pick up some decortations from Poundland, eBay, and most Supermarkets!

4. Games! 

Bobbing for Apples is a fun and silly game that can be played at Halloween parties, although it is recommended that each individual uses a fork to get an apple instead of their faces/mouths due to face paints etc contaminating the water!

5. Party Snacks!

Check out Good Housekeeping for some more snack ideas!

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

I'm Marjorie, studying towards a BA Hons Degree in International Business. I have always lived in Glasgow and love what it has to offer in terms of shopping, restaurants and nightlife! In September 2016, I embarked on my international exchange to Milan, Italy for 4 months which I absolutely loved!! Studying abroad allowed me to meet some lovely new friends, taste delicious food and visit beautiful lakes and cities nearby. I love going out with friends, getting dressed up, trying new things and meeting new people!