Let’s Talk Inter-railing with Rhona

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Name: Rhona Macdonald

Course: IBML

What are your top 5 cities that you have visited while inter-railing?

• Berlin
  • Budapest
  • Madrid
  • Salamanca
  • Salzburg

What has been your funniest travelling experience?

There are too many! One that stands out is walking to a club in Munich where we ended up on a boat shaped rickshaw with some French Canadians, ridden by a drunk German. He played songs from titanic and some other classics which downing a couple of Coronas. He then deposited us at the entrance to a club where I was then rejected by the bouncer for wearing my Birkenstocks.

Have you had any bad travelling experiences?

No bad experiences but a lot of strange turn of events. In particular, being guided off a train by a Hungarian woman and put on a coach with other passengers without being told where the bus was heading. We got to our destination in the end!

What are your top 5 packing essential for a weekend trip?

• Rollers (need to control my natural perm when the humidity hits)
  • Spanish fan (better than any electric one)
  • Gopro
  • Journal
  • Portable charger

Did you tick anything off your bucket list during your travels? If so what was it?

• Experiencing a night train – the conductor brings you a croissant and a coffee in the morning

Thanks Rhona, sounds like you’ve had some fun times! 

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!