City Series: Copenhagen, Denmark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Where to Visit…

Nyhavn is Copenhagen’s beautiful old harbour, featuring houses, restaurants and cafes. This is an ideal spot to take some pictures as the colours are so vibrant! Tivoli Gardens is a must when visiting Copenhagen and is ranked highly by TripAdvisor! The Gardens also include a theme park and looks great when lit at night.

Where to Shop…

Copenhagen features the one of the longest pedestrianised streets in Europe, Strøget. With luxury brands such as Prada, Max Mara, Louis Vuitton, Mulberry, Hermès along with high street shops such as Victoria’s Secret, H&M, Zara to name a few.

Where to Eat…

Make sure to check out the Copenhagen Street Food featuring food from around the world: Korean, Turkish, Brazilian, American cheesecake, Belgian fries, see their website for the full list! http://copenhagenstreetfood.dk/en/food-stalls/. Just outside of the Street Food Warehouse, there is ‘wishing trees’ where you can hang your own wish on the tree for free! Nyhavn is another ideal location to wine and dine with your travel companion to watch the world go by!

Where to Drink…

The Copenhagen Street Festival also has a lovely bar serving up a variety of mouth-watering flavours of mojito: strawberry, raspberry, blood orange and original! When we visited, we went on a pub crawl, our first stop was at Billy Booze, good music, cheap drinks, and a great location! 

Where to Dance…

Our pub crawl ended at the Penthouse! Where we sang and danced well into the night! As part of our pub crawl, we were entitled to the “open bar” that the club offered! The open bar featured a range of flavoured beers and ciders! We opted for the pineapple flavoured cider!! You simply take your empty bottle up to the bar and they replace it with a new one!

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

I'm Marjorie, studying towards a BA Hons Degree in International Business. I have always lived in Glasgow and love what it has to offer in terms of shopping, restaurants and nightlife! In September 2016, I embarked on my international exchange to Milan, Italy for 4 months which I absolutely loved!! Studying abroad allowed me to meet some lovely new friends, taste delicious food and visit beautiful lakes and cities nearby. I love going out with friends, getting dressed up, trying new things and meeting new people!