City Series: 24 Hours in Toronto, Canada

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

It’s Canada’s own small scale version of NYC. It’s the home of music legend Drake. It’s one of the world’s most vibrant cities. 

Here’s my top 5 recommendations for spending 24 hours in Toronto. 

Number 1: CN TOWER

For views of the city and beyond, head up to one of the highest observation platforms in the world in the impressive glass elevator. Take some selfies at the large windows encompassing the lookout, head outside to feel the wind in your hair and if you are brave enough you can even step onto the glass floor and witness the traffic below from over 1,000 ft up! In good weather conditions, Niagara Falls can even be spotted in the distance!

Number 2: TORONTO SIGN

If you didn’t get a photo of the Toronto sign, did you even visit Toronto? The sign is situated in the heart of downtown Toronto at Nathan Phillips Square and was originally built in the city for the 2015 Pan American Games, nonetheless due to popular demand it is earned itself a permant spot in the city! I visited the sign in the evening and the vibrant colours were simply goregous!

Number 3: YONGE DUNDAS SQUARE/ YONGE STREET

Fun fact: Yonge Street is the longest street in the world at 1,178 miles long and runs through the city of Toronto. Yonge Dundas Square is Toronto’s attraction similar to that of the iconic Times Square in NYC. It is in the heart of the city and is a major tourist spot and has a bustling atmosphere.

Number 4: EATON CENTRE TORONTO

This historic mall has a beautiful glass ceiling and is home to over 250 shops and eateries, so there is most definitely something for everything! 

Number 5: TORONTO ISLANDS

Catch the ferry to one of Toronto’s island for a breathtaking view of the skyline. Unfortunely, I did not get to visit one of the islands during my first visit to Toronto due to unfortunate weather condiditons, however it is at the top of my lists for future visits! 

Make sure to follow @HerCampusStrath on Twitter and Instagram and Like our Facebook page!

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!