Why You Should Get a Haircut During a Stressful Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Recently, I’ve figured out that getting a haircut is the best way to refresh your life, especially during the stresses the semester brings. So when in doubt (or more specifically stress), get a haircut! Have three midterms in one day? Celebrate finishing them by chopping off 8 inches of your hair. Failed an exam? Dye your hair bright red, like the pen marked “F” on your test. OR maybe you actually aced your exams. Celebrate with a new ‘do for the brilliant you!

After cutting my hair to around my collarbone, I also decided to get bayalage highlights to liven up my style for the spring. Once I saw the final result, I was so happy! I felt so much better about life in general; I felt prettier and better all around. Throughout the day, I felt more motivated to finish my errands and work. I wasn’t even distracted by Netflix because I felt as if my hair was too cute to be hiding in my room all day! Basically, haircuts give you life.

While I still have a bunch of work to do before the semester ends, I know feel as if I can take on the world with my new hair style! So do yourself and life a favor and get a change up your hair style!

Kayla Keller

Stony Brook

I am a Junior at Stony Brook University majoring in Linguistics and minoring in English and Writing and Rhetoric. I love reading and traveling to places I've never been before. I often go on adventures, such as hiking and finding new towns and cities to explore. These moments truly inspire me to continue writing, especially about the different places I've gone to and the experiences I've had. Ever since I was a young girl, I've always wanted to become a published author!
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor