This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Don’t waste a day of beautiful spring weather with these activities you and your friends can do on and off campus.  

1. Ride a Bike

Stony Brook offers a bike rental program called “Wolfie Ride Bike Share” where students can rent a bike and go anywhere on campus. Bikes are free to use for an hour, so grab a bike and get to riding all around campus!

2. Watch the Sunset with Friends

If you are anything like me, you’re a sucker for a good sunset. Grab your friends, a blanket, and your camera. There is nothing more peaceful than feeling the gentle wind blowing against your skin, listening to your favorite music and watching the sun fade into night.

3. Study Outside

As the weather gets warmer, it’s so easy to forget about all of your homework waiting for you back in the dorms. Find a quiet study spot outside where you can get all of your work done. Stop by Starbucks, or Jamba Juice along the way to get a drink to keep you focused!

4. Explore the Town

Take a day trip with your friends to all of the best places around town. Go to dinner by the water with your friends in Port Jefferson. If you are crazy about coffee, visit Crazy Beans and stop by Avalon Park along the way. This beautiful weather creates the perfect opportunity for artsy, candid photos that you totally did not plan.

5. Play Sports

Who doesn’t love a good game of volleyball? There is a volleyball net next to Benedict College. If you enjoy tennis or frisbee, there are tennis courts near the Lavalle Stadium and plenty of open space for frisbee. Even if you’re like me and don’t consider yourself an athlete, it’s always fun to play with your friends and stay active!

6. Plan a Picnic

All you really need is a big blanket and your favorite foods. If you have the option to go off campus, Se-Port Deli or Chipotle are always perfect go to! Pick up a few sandwiches and head to the beach to relax and de-stress. You can even stay on campus and chill out on the Staller Steps, or catch up on reading at Roth pond!

Whether it’s taking a walk, studying for finals, hanging out with friends, or eating lunch, do it outside! (Unless you have unbearable allergies!) Being outside and enjoying the warm weather, clear skies, and fresh air can always boost your mood so take advantage of this beautiful weather before the leaves start to fall again. Take time to appreciate the simplicity and tranquility that nature has to offer!

Suzanne Tawch

Stony Brook '20

Pre-Med. Things I like: coffee, Netflix, That 70's Show, memes. Things I don't like: Mondays, Youtube Ads, pineapple on pizza.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor