A Journey to Healthy Skin: 5 Facial Masks to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

The other day I came across this Facebook post and started laughing hysterically because of how much I can relate to it… sadly. Of course, facial masks make life better when everything around is collapsing. But on a serious note, facial masks are truly essential to your facial care regimen, and as someone with very acne prone skin, I live by facial masks. Here are five of my favorite facial masks I recommend you try. 

1. Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask

This Clay Mask is by far my favorite. After a lengthy Google and YouTube search, and hearing many success stories, I finally decided to give this product a try over the summer. Since then, it’s become a staple in my facial care regimen or my ‘Road to Healthy Skin’ as I like to call it. This clay mask can be either mixed with either apple cider vinegar and/or water. Since using this mask, I’ve noticed fewer breakouts and that my dark spots are fading away.

2. Shea Moisture Clarifying Mud Mask

If you’re looking for a mask that won’t become hard and crusted on your face, then a mud mask is the way to go. I started using this particular brand last winter and it’s still a go-to product for me, especially after a long hectic week of not caring for my skin properly, or moments of huge breakouts. Mud masks have several benefits, including removing impurities from your pores and clearing acne and skin blemishes.

3. Freeman’s Anti-stress Dead Sea Minerals Clay Mask

I added this mask to my collection in September and one of my favorite things about it is that it’s blue, and blue being my favorite color the child in me was elated to begin smearing it on my face. Besides the color, this mask smells heavenly and will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated and as smooth as a baby’s bottom.

4. Freeman’s Charcoal + Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub

This mask is also fairly new to my collection. The best thing about it is that it’s also a scrub, which will leave your pores feeling twice as clean and refreshed. Like Freeman’s anti-stress dead sea minerals clay mask, this too will leave your skin feeling smooth and replenished.

5. Tony Moly Skin Soothing Tea Tree Mask Sheet

I started using Tony Moly Sheet Masks when I visited South Korea in summer 2016. And yes, South Korean food is delicious, but besides the food and having the opportunity to explore a bit of Korean culture, being introduced to Tony Moly was one of my favorite takeaways from this trip. South Korea is well known for sophisticated skin care beauty that includes products such as snail mucin to 10 step beauty routines. This tea tree mask will help get rid of uneven skin tone and is an inexpensive way to pamper your skin at home during the weekend.

Facial masks carry numerous benefits, from reducing acne breakouts to leaving your skin glowing flawlessly like Beyonce *chimes music.* Incorporate one of these masks into your facial routine and I promise your pores will thank you.

College journalist, photography lover and travel enthusiast
The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.